SOTD.: Saturday 1th February - Fryday 7th February 2020

SOTD 06/02 - my birthday shave.... Gillette Slim Adjustable (M1-1967), new old stock Gillette Francaise Traitee (2), Razorock 400 and a test soap and aftershave balm from a UK maker which I found to be very thirsty but very moisturising and the soap has cologne based scent.

200206-SOTD.jpg

Many happy returns of the day

This shave is actually from two days ago and I did have every good intention of posting on the day, but all went to rat shit and the work piled on. However the shave did happen and it was given the theme 'Bye bye blackbird. Hello hello blackbird'

IMG_20200204_212644.jpg

Hello hello razor - Blacklands Black Blackbird
Hello hello blade - Gillette 7 O'Clock (sneakily used before 7 O'Clock. Happy to say it still worked)
Hello hello soap - La Savonniere du Moulin (containing 30% donkey. Which 30%, I have no idea)
Hello hello brush - Sr Cadman 30mm Tuxedo
Hello hello scent - Goutal Eau De Monsieur

So yet another belated SOTD but jeez this past week has been busy and shaves few and far between. After falling out of love with the Blackbird on its previous appearance and relegated to the back of the cabinet with the G2 and other odds and sods of 'Don't like you' items I decided to give it another airing and a chance to redeem itself. And something of a rarity with me I went for a 7 O'Clock blade being as @patw very kindly sent me a packet of 5 with the recent purchase of the slim. A beautiful object I am still spending more time admiring than using. I recall using a sample 7 O'Clock blade last year and being rather impressed, so why not? And a return to being in love with a donkey while at it.

All I can say is that the Blackbird did more than redeem itself it regained my love. A most impressive partnering with the 7 O'Clock and a pairing which is an absolute delight to use. The complete polar opposite of my previous outing and smoother than this poor lady who appears to be stuck in a condom

An absolute blinder of a shave and a blinder of a scent to give it that real class edge. That real 'this is white shirt material'

And so bloody ecstatic I have decided to leave you all with some more Japanese ladies except a bit of an unusual musical slant this time. Not Vice Squad enticing

Thursday 6th February

Soap - Wickham 1912 Russian Leather
Brush - Shavemac 26mm Synthetic
Razor - Karve SB C Plate
Blade - Gillette Platinum (2)
Post - Tabac Aftershave

What a difference a shave makes . . .
With three days worth of silver grey growth, I looked a bit bedraggled and unkempt
A few days stubble wasn't a bad look on me twenty years ago, but now it's a no-no !
The synthetic Shavemac grabs soap like no other synth I've used, and it lathers and releases lather much like a two band badger brush.
Russian Leather is always a pleasure to use
From scent to performance it can't be faulted
The Karve/ GP combo works well for me - smoothness and efficiency in equal measure

Try Something New Thursday

Brush: Yaqi 26mm Timber Wolf Color Synthetic Hair Shaving Brush
Soap: Edwin Jagger Shaving: Sandalwood Shaving Soap
Razor: Merkur Progress 510 Long Handle
Blade: Lord Platinum (2)
Post shave: Hot Shower
A/S: Nivea Sensitive After Shave Balm

IMG_20200207_013818.jpg
IMG_20200207_013755.jpg

So I thought it could be fun to start a shave of the day friendly competition.

How it works:
A TSR member posts their 7 themed days (as I have done this week) then those who wish to take part in the competition respond to the post with a thumbs up.

Each day those who are taking part post their SOTD here (as we do anyway) at the end of the week the original TSR member announces the winner and the next person to create the themed SOTD Schedule (if the nominated person doesn't want to do it someone else can volunteer)

Therefore I will start the ball rolling by nominating @Tony'schin to create next week's Themed SOTD Schedule!

Good luck Everyone ;)

Last edited:
5x2I8PU.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Antica Barbieria Colla Almond Oil Pre-Shave Cream
Brush: Shavemac 3-band Silvertip Badger
Soap: Barrister & Mann Seville
Razor: Wolfman WR1
Blade: Super Iridium BN-84 (2)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel; Pitralon Classic splash
Scent: YSL Rive Gauche EdT

A very refreshing shave. The only downside - the dreaded 'ring of death' has appeared in my soap container.

Date:- 07 February 2020

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- WCS Two-Tone Tall (Blue & White) Extra Dense Synth. 26/56mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Stirling ~ Bay Rum
Razor/Blade:- Karve CB Matte SS 'SB-C' / Vintage NOS English Wilkinson Sword #1
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20 drops) & Tea Tree Antiseptic (10)
Fragrance:- Hugo Boss (Original)

Last edited:
Try Something New Thursday

Brush: Yaqi 26mm Timber Wolf Color Synthetic Hair Shaving Brush
Soap: Edwin Jagger Shaving: Sandalwood Shaving Soap
Razor: Merkur Progress 510 Long Handle
Blade: Lord Platinum (2)
Post shave: Hot Shower
A/S: Nivea Sensitive After Shave Balm

View attachment 51201
View attachment 51202

So I thought it could be fun to start a shave of the day friendly competition.

How it works:
A TSR member posts their 7 themed days (as I have done this week) then those who wish to take part in the competition respond to the post with a thumbs up.

Each day those who are taking part post their SOTD here (as we do anyway) at the end of the week the original TSR member announces the winner and the next person to create the themed SOTD Schedule (if the nominated person doesn't want to do it someone else can volunteer)

Therefore I will start the ball rolling by nominating @Tony'schin to create next week's Themed SOTD Schedule!

Good luck Everyone ;)

Thanks for the nomination @Steve, however, my shaves for next week have already been planned. I have no theme, I just try to get my razors/soaps & blades into rotation, which I find hard enough without adding a theme. As I say thanks for the nomination, although, I will have to decline.
Tabac Tuesday & William's Wednesday are enough for now, YMMV
Sorry to be a killjoy
Cheers
T

Back
Top Bottom