06/02/2020

Soap - Lea Cream
Brush - Yaqi Rainbow Faux Horse
Razor - Lord L6
Blade - Supermax Blue Diamond Platinum
Post - Witch Hazel
Balm - Nivea Replenishing
AS - Brut Oceans

In my mind I seem to spend a lot of time using boar brushes/shaving sticks/Techs and as much as I love them aftre a bit of time I quite enjoy not using them; IMO one of the best aspects of this hobby is variety.
The SMBDP/Lord L6 produced a very smooth, efficient and comfortable shave. I did a little clean up after the 2nd pass and there wasn't much need.
Coming to the end of my tube of Lea Cream and I really do enjoy the clean neutral marine scent and it does produce a good slick lather with reasonable cushion but I've found I'd always end up comparing the cream to Palmolive which I find to be a superior counterpart.

Anyway chaps, I hope you have a nice day.

06/02/2020
Pre: Sainsbury's Luxury Soap, Bergamot & Nectarine (i actually cut the bar in half as it is quite some size)
Brush: Jayaruh #291 Tuxedo Knot
Soap: DR Harris Arlington
Razor: Karve SB - C - Stainless
Blade: Polsilver Lodz (2)
Post shave: Alum Block, cold water splash, Homemade Witch Hazel
Balm: Barts Balm Lime Lotion & Balm
Aftershave: CK One

Wk6  (6).JPG
1st use of the DR Harris soaps bought from BST, thanks @Eagle.
I used the Jayaruh #291 Tuxedo knot for the job, it has a great backbone for a Synth and made short work of the triple milled soap. Mixed in the Bideford potteries bowl i had enough for 4 passes if required.
I did get the light earthy/Citrus scent which is quite delicate, similar strength as the Arran soaps which i also like. Its a Keeper - that's 10yrs and 6 month worth of soaps to get through.
The Karve just did its Job, the Lodz Polsilver i am finding a little smoother than the normal Polsilver but i will not be buying any - Yet, as i also have years worth of blades which perform better for me. I do like the finish they give, even if the shave is "strange", not smooth or uncomfortable.
3 passes for a BBS finish helped along by a great Post shave routine.
Feeling and smelling really good.
Enjoy your day All.

Last edited:
Thursday AM 2020-02-06

Rooney 3/2 Ebony Finest (24/54)
Floris Verbena shaving soap (tallow)
Paradigm II Titanium/UFO Little Titan
Gillette Super Stainless 'Spoiler' (10)
Guerlain Vétiver aftershave

The old soap has become pretty much unscented by now, but it still makes great lather otherwise, and when I feel a need for fragrance I can add a few drops of EdT or cologne while building the lather. The razor combination is wonderful, one of my top two or three favorites, although the blade is getting to the end of its life.
D2EtElV.jpg

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

Colonel Ichabod super badger (very nice little thing)
EJ DE89 with the white ribbed rubber coated handle/ Iridium Super
Alvarez Gomez shaving cream
No after shave needed and no EdT

This razor/blade combo gives me a smoother face than my Gillette adjustables. The EJ head is more efficient and it requires more attention so it's not an every day kinda thing but fun still.

Man, this cream has a great scent and the performance is above average too. Kinda strange texture in the tub that takes some tweaking with extra water and time, which I had read about beforehand. Reminds me of the J. Peterman '1903' scent, which I like a lot.

BBS results,

Martin

Back
Top Bottom