SOTD : Saturday 1st - Friday 6th August 2020.

04/08/20
Cold Water Shave
Brush: Simpson Chubby 2
Soap: Mitchell's Woolfat
Razor: 6/8 Gold Dollar / Stainless Karve C Plate
Blade: Gillette Rubie
Post shave: Cold water Rinse, Shower, Witch Hazel
Balm: Bart's Balm Bergamot and Vanilla Balm & Lotion
Aftershave: CK One
Wk 32 (3) Tues A.JPG
An easy face lather with the "Fat" giving plenty of slickness for a full Pass with the Gold Dollar, it seems to have a nice enough edge on it and it did give some audio feedback. More confident and managed to complete over and under the chin without issue, even if i was careful, Result - a SAS finish.
There was plenty of soap in the Chubby Synth so i re lathered again the only hydration was the left over rinse water on the face, another slick covering and i completed an ATG buffing pass to finish with a BBS comfy result.
A nice post shave routine leaving me clean, soft and smelling pretty good too.
Stay safe and Enjoy your day All.

https://www.robertshawsfarmshop.co.uk up in Queensbury, a few miles out of Bradford. Not at all far from me. All sorts in there sourced from producers all over Yorkshire, Derbyshire and the North West. Brilliant meat section, excellent veg, pretty good tins, jars and dried food section (mostly from Suma in Halifax) and breads - English and Indian style in abundance, including those lovely Syrian breads that go crispy when they cool. In these COVID times, its a much lower (and more local) footfall than any supermarket, so absolutely perfert! Just don't tell everyone ...

That sounds superb. I've never had the Syrian breads, there are a few Turkish mini supermarket type places in my hometown which have an excellent selection of breads though.
In the town I live in and a few towns around, there's only one traditional greengrocer that sells spuds with soil on them, which makes me a little sad. I really hate buying vegetables/fruit in plastic wrapping, and in the case of spuds prewashed ones don't last very long in comparison to their unwashed counterparts.
Sorry for rambling on! Hope the 2nd Biryani for lunch was a good one!

Tuesday AM 2020-08-04
National Chocolate Chip Day
ut7G4pE.jpg

Rooney Stubby 3XL Ivory Finest (30/52)
Crabtree & Evelyn Sienna shaving soap (vintage)
Carbon Damascus Athena/R2
Wilkinson London Bridge (18)
Crabtree & Evelyn Sienna aftershave (vintage)
RDvoCMF.jpg

No SOTD photos from me recently because I've been playing about with the Gillette Fatboy thats on loan to me. A feather blade in it tonight really hit the spot and has probably been the best so far.

Razor - Fatboy
Blade- Feather
Cream - Proraso Green
Brush - Chubby 2
Post- Alum block followed by Bennys of London balm.

Have a nice evening one and all.

This shave brought to you carried the theme 'Tub thumping'

IMG_20200803_183458.jpg

Single stroke roll - Stainless Mongoose
Parradiddle - Feather Super Professional
Brush stroke - Yaqi Dandelion
Rudiments - Martin De Candre Rose
Rimshot - Czech and Speake No.88

I dedicate this shave to @Paul L and hope he enjoys his hiatus and don't forget mate shaving is a neccesity and don't dare come back sporting a beard.

I am lost on the matter of finding my Zen and slowly discovering, there isn't one. Every one of these SE's deliver superb shaves. The Mongoose is no exception and a very fine razor by any standard. And this is what I think of you who disagree

MdC Rose and a Daffodil brush and this shave is starting to be very floral so why not finish it all with some Czech and Speake 88 and the world is starting to look and smell rosier.

A smashing shave and one deserving applause from the world's fastest hand clapping team

Thank you ladies, thank you. Meooow

A tub thumper? Someone who plays the drums. And why of course? Tonight's Japanese ladies are a new band I've come across and described as a three piece based around an over enthusiastic drummer, the quite amazing Jannu. The female Keith Moon and a very much in demand session drummer. Not bad at only 21. I have kind of come to appreciate tub thumping down the years as my son is pretty damn good at it.

A band with a long winded name, 'Girls Rock Band Kakumei'

Date:- 05 August 2020

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Yaqi Sagrada Familia Tuxedo Synth. 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Declaration Grooming ~ Unconditional Surrender
Razor/Blade:- Karve CB Matte SS 'SB-D' / Polsilver SI #11
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20 drops) & Tea Tree Antiseptic (5) / The Stray Whisker Aftershave Balm (Australian made)

Book 18 of 21.
902652.jpg

Back
Top Bottom