SOTD Saturday 19th Sept to Friday 25th Sept 2020

22/09/20
Pre: Shower
Brush: Silver Birch Brushes - Cocobolo 26mm Silvertip
Soap: 1912 Classic 24
Razor: 6/8 Carl Schlieper "Eye Brand" High Class.
Blade: @Jamie Pugh
Post shave: Alum Rub, Cold water rinse, L'oreal Ice Impact
Balm: Barts Balm Rosemary and Sandalwood Balm & Lotion
Aftershave: Proraso Red

I completed my 2 pass shave routine giving me a no issue DFS+ Finish.
Some minor indication on the neck from the the Alum Rub, although nothing to shout about , I have started to use the L'oreal Ice Impact for the bathroom splash as my Bay Rum #1 is now done, its very nice and seems to feed the skin, i will see how it goes.
A nice post shave leaving me clean, soft and smelling fresh.
Stay safe and enjoy your day All.

Last edited:
Hopefully not the Kung flu and have to get tested and possibly quarantined, best wishes for speedy recovery.

Tabac Tuesday

Pre - Shower / Face wash
Soap - Tabac
Brush - GFT Best badger
Razor - Merkur 34G
Blade - Treet Platinum (3)
Post - Kouros AS followed by moisturiser

I look forward to using Tabac, it gets a great lather. The scent could possibly be too much using it everyday. A nice two and half pass shave this morning. Just a shame I don't go anywhere to show off my smooth face at the moment.

"No words - apart from these - hence why this part of the post is in parenthesis - I don't want you to think this out loud - resist your internal monologue - a Zen shave - a mindfulness shave - the sound of one hand shaving - even better when - I move to Italics - that's whispering? A top end shave - and totally devoid of ego - Freud was an idiot - Jungian archetypes are a much better idea. For @Satanfriendly - enjoy yours - I."

Back in the room - we can shave or not - each to their own - let's not make a fuss about it. It can be done well or badly - I'd like to think - most of us do it well - takes time - to learn the craft. It is not a marketing opportunity. Our collective - vast - experience is not something to be monetised.