SOTD: Saturday 19 August - Friday 25 August 2023.

IMG_2547.jpeg

Razor: Feather AS-D2
Blade: Astra SP
Brush: Mühle Sophist STF 23mm
Pre-Shave: Lacura Moisturising Face Wash
Lather: DR Harris Arlington
Aftershave: Bart’s Ben Vrackie (Unscented)
Additional Care: Witch Hazel, Glycerin, Aloe Vera Gel, Peppermint, Lavender and Tea Tree Essential Oils
Fragrance: Bronnley Original EDT

20230822_205635.jpg

My Shave today consisted of...

Prep hot shower.
Brush Highlander white synthetic brush.
Soap Frostbite.
Razors Reggie's Mars razor & Leaf
Blades Derby Premium & Dorco half blades.
Aftershave Jean paul gaultier.

3 days growth had to be mowed down last night and what better way to try out my new razor.
The Frostbite gave a great textured lather and really does cool the face when rinsed off with cold water.
I really enjoyed the Mars razor with what I considered a much better grip feeling in my hand but it is a much slimmer handle.
There is a big difference in shaving feeling from the head of this razor even though the blade gap is the same, I would say this felt milder.
I will shave again today and see for sure as I thought the Titan was a tad too aggressive for the role of a daily shaver.
My wife said the shave was excellent but could see some shadow around the chin and lip area just like one of the Tatara plates from before, even though to the touch the area was perfectly smooth.
That being said it was an excellent smooth shave with absolutely zero complaints.
The Leaf never needs a description as it's simply superb at shaving the head.
Have an awesome day ahead everyone.

Wed 23
Soap & Aftershave Stirling Ozark Mountain
Brush Yaqi 24mm Cavern Lake
Razor Joseph Elliott 13/16 fine India Steel
I just love the scent of this soap & matching splash. The lather is top grade by the excellent brush!
The shave with this razor was very enjoyable. The diamond balsa edge is still buttery smooth and crisply keen after stroping on the roo leather...
20230823_132805.jpg

SOTD - Ariana & Evans St Barts, soap and splash ; Alpha Shaving Outlaw 28mm 2 band Badger ; Aylesworth Razors The Kopparkant Razor ; The Gentleman Super Platinum (3)

230823-SOTD.jpg

23 August

Wickham 1912 Apricus
Omega 48 Professional
Feather AS-D1
Feather Hi-Stainless
Floïd Mentolado Vigoroso

535BA189-3777-4E24-B3B1-2C946DF9F3E6.jpeg
Oh dear! Fifth consecutive shave with the new Omega brush and the performance just dropped off a cliff. The perfectly good lather died in the brush between the first and second passes. I lathered again only to watch as the lather died before the end of the second pass. Hero to zero in five days. What the hell? The actual shave with the Feather was as comfortable and efficient as ever.

Wednesday 23 August
Saponificio Cosmo soap applied with vintage West German brush.
Occam‘s Enoch with 7th use Schick proline B-30
Layrite Deluxe No 9 Bay Rum after shave splash (for external use only :eek: ). Scent of cloves seems to dominate to me, not that I want to smell of bay rum :ROFLMAO:

Blade is still cutting well but it is taking longer with pick ups to get a bbs finish after 2 main passes. No irritation though from either the soap or the blade so I’m going to see if I can get up to 10 shaves out of this blade. Vamos a ver!
Enjoy the day fellas!

IMG_0253.jpeg

23/08/23
Pre - Droyt's Classic Glycerose Soap
Brush - Simpson Duke 3 Best Badger
Soap - Martin De Candre Rose
Razor - Feather DX ACD-N
Blade - Feather Lights
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Tonyschin's Orange & Neroli Balm & Argan Oil
A/S - Mäurer & Wirtz 4711 Rose
Wk 34  (5).jpg
Things getting back to normal after my heavy weekend in Belfast. Enough to chance a shave with the Feather DX, it is fitted with a Feather light-blade so does offer some leeway for mistakes, it actually makes the razor a bit of a pussycat.
2 passes and some touch up for a very comfortable, BBS finish.
Hope you are on the mend @mpf9ret
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

SOTD: 23/08/2023

Razor: Schick Injector I2 Eversharp Hydromagic
Blade: Schick Injector, 3rd use
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T3
Bowl: Muhle Bowl
Preshave: Proraso Wood & Spice Cream
Soap: Proraso Wood & Spice Cream
Balm: Proraso Wood & Spice Balm
Additional Care: Osma Alum
Additional Care: Cold Water

Third test for the Schick I2 and it keeps on performing well: also with the somewhat thicker lather of P’s Wood and Spice a comfortable and BBS shave in three passes. Glad I bought this Schick! Have a nice day, gents.

Back
Top Bottom