20171119_140944-jpg.20804

Prep: Hot shower and L'Oreal Charcoal face wash
Pre: King of Shaves oil
Razor: Parker Variant (3/2)
Razor blade: Gillette Platinum
Brush: M&F Blonde Badger
Bowl: Little Wren Pottery
Soap: Saponificio Varesino Stella Alpina

A massive thank you to James AKA @Acer89 for the loan of the Brush and razor.

The Brush: The jury is out on this one. I struggled to create a lather and it didn't want to release the lather. Much chin scratching ensued...

The Razor: I was impressed (shocker!).
I started on setting 3 but after a couple of strokes I changed to setting 2, which was more comfortable. 3 passes and no need for any touch-ups. A very assured razor.
The only negative being the length. It's around 100mm but my is my sweet spot 85mm. I'm sure I'll get used to it though.

Thanks again to James. You are a star!

Cheers
Rob
Now that is one gorgeous brush Rob.

You know who to call should you decide to part with it my friend. ;):p

If I'd known what would happen when I first typed "as smooth as a pebble on a well lapped beach"....
...I'd still have done it. It's been great fun and actually made me use my brain for a change.
Don't let @Barry Giddens talk you into throwing in the towel I.
I know he won't Kevin. He is probably sitting in a darkened room with a glass of something ‘smooth' plotting his comeback.

If I'd known what would happen when I first typed "as smooth as a pebble on a well lapped beach"....
...I'd still have done it. It's been great fun and actually made me use my brain for a change.
Don't let @Barry Giddens talk you into throwing in the towel I.

K - don't worry - I'm not done yet mate - just winded. @Barry Giddens - is trying to stir things isn't he? We shan't rise to the bait. We're better than that, 'leave it Chantelle - she's not worth it.' I'm not seeing any smooth superlatives coming from the London camp? And to think I lent the b****d my Cobra - there's gratitude for you? Ha ha ha ha - yours - I.

Last edited:
K - don't worry - I'm not done yet mate - just winded. @Barry Giddens - is trying to stir things isn't he? We shan't rise to the bait. We're better than that. I'm not seeing any smooth superlatives coming from the London camp? And to think I lent the b****d my Cobra - there's gratitude for you? Ha ha ha ha - yours - I.
I told you in the beginning not to lend your Cobra to @Barry Giddens Iain.

As a fellow Celt you should have realised in the beginning he was a "Snake in the grass!" (Excuse the pun. :D)

To be cont............:p:cool:

K - don't worry - I'm not done yet mate - just winded. @Barry Giddens - is trying to stir things isn't he? We shan't rise to the bait. We're better than that, 'leave it Chantelle - she's not worth it.' I'm not seeing any smooth superlatives coming from the London camp? And to think I lent the b****d my Cobra - there's gratitude for you? Ha ha ha ha - yours - I.
I know when I am out of my depth. Besides, I only talk in rhyming slang.

I told you in the beginning not to lend your Cobra to @Barry Giddens Iain.

As a fellow Celt you should have realised in the beginning he was a "Snake in the grass!" (Excuse the pun. :D)

To be cont............:p:cool:
Well @Boru62 seems to think that my surname might indicate that I'm bloody Welsh. No offence Wayne. Or any of our other Welsh members.

Back
Top Bottom