SOTD : Saturday 17th April to Friday 23rd April 2021.

Wilkinson Sword TTO
Shark SS (3)
Yaqi 24 mm Black Marble
P & B Star Noir soap & balm

Whilst the GSA was in for a much needed soak I thought I would try the Wilkinson Sword TTO, the first DE razor I bought. Didn’t really get on with it at the time and thought by upgrading to the DE89 the better quality razor would help improve my technique. Roll on 18 months and with much more experience under my belt it was time to try it again. What a DFS I’ve just had. It doesn’t have the quality feel as my other razors but it proves it not what you use but how you use it is important and that’s what time, patience, experience and technique brings. Thank you all for your knowledge and input. Have a great day all.

Don't Know if this is what you are looking for Mark ? but there is one on the BST at the mo.

@UKRob who is selling it is a first class guy to deal and his stuff is always well looked after and as described.
Hi Russ, I've just messaged UKRob about it. I think the blade may be a bit long for what I'm after, but I may be wrong.
Many thanks
Mark

Good afternoon gents

Soap - TGS Lemon and Mint
Brush - Dcosmetic Badger
Blade - Lord Platinum #1
Razor - Rockwell 6S (5)(4)(2)
Post - Myrsol Emulsion
Splash - TGS Lemon and Mint

238B025B-F423-4B01-8FDA-885B6C98B729.jpeg

I didn’t have a lot of expectation for this shave today. I’m not really overly keen on this soap and my first time with this blade.
Passable. Close and smooth on my face with a couple of rough areas on my neck.
I do feel good post shave though.

Have a good Sunday everyone.

Late-night shave

Pre-shave:- Cold Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Semogue SOC 2 Band Finest Badger in Ash Wood 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Whispers from the Woods (Australian made) ~ All Things Nice "Spiced Sandalwood & Honey"
Razor/Blade:- RazoRock SS Lupo 72 / Gillette Stainless (red & white pack) #2
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)

kgAIyPE.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Tony Forsyth P&C LE 2020 Matilda Rhodium 2-band Silvertip Badger
Soap: Sir Irisch Moos
Razor: Wolfman WR1
Blade: Vintage NOS Gillette Spoiler (5)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Bootlegger's Green Freeze Aftershave

Very nice lather and performance from the Sir Irisch Moos soap, and a refreshing finish to the shave with the Bootlegger's aftershave.

qbSuHlO.jpg

Mühle R89
Gillette 365
B&M Petrichor (Soft Heart base)
Turn 'n Shave custom Tuxedo 24mm fan knot
Denim Original AS

Although I don't love the extremely earthy Petrichor scent, this Soft Heart base is superb. I will only add that these new Gillette 365 blades are better IMO than the Sputnik "gulag" blade.

Sotd-18-04-21.jpg

“A friend of mine,” Lawrence wrote [to Augustus John OM RA], “went to the Alpine Club, and said my larger one [of John's portraits of him] was a conscious effort by you to show how long contact with camels had affected my face! But I explained that it wasn’t my face which had been in contact with camels.”

razor - Katana on brass handle
blade - Med Prep (2)
brush - Wee Scot LE best
soap - Haslinger sheep - tallow - old version
post - witch hazel
a/s - Vitos tobacco
balm - none
scent - Gotas Frescas

Lovely. Gloriously peaceful, after yesterday, the shaving gods owed me - and they delivered. Nante building work and nante bebop. Good luck in the week ahead - enjoy your shaving - cheers - I.

Last edited:
With regards to the above post and Out of interest, I’m colour blind and can’t see the blue writing above on the dark background, does anybody else use the dark back ground?
I'm also on the dark background mode.

Not sure whether it might depend on device too that you’re on due to font too - I’m in no way colour blind or having any troubles with colours but it is really hard to read. Just also checked on my macbook - it's a bit better than on my phone.

Still the contrast ratio of that element is 1.03:1, and as best practice it should be at least of 3:1, preferably more towards 4.5:1

Back
Top Bottom