SOTD : Saturday 17th April to Friday 23rd April 2021.

19/04/2021

Razor: Karve Brass OC-C
Blade: GSB (3)
Brush: PAA Amber Aerolite
Soap: TDS Rose
ASL: Floïd Vigaroso
ASB: LEA

View attachment 68451

Final outing for this blade and the OC-C. I really enjoyed this shave. The Karve has been a delight to use - there's even more plates to try in the den but it's the turn of another razor now.

I wasn't sure on the TDS Rose from the tub. @Jester was right when he mentioned the sour note - that's a really good description. A nice rose and citrus note combination follows this though and I found myself pleasantly surprised. Performance was excellent. I'm currently thinking I'll keep this one.
What razor is next?

Great razor, if you can get the nodachi plate with the masamune cap, it was the perfect combo for me!
I ordered the Masamune from Tatara during their Black Friday event and added the Nodachi top cap at the same time after reading your experience with it.

You know what I'm like, I've since ordered the Nodachi plate and the Masamune OC plate so I have 6 different combinations available to me now....

SOTD : 22nd April 2021.

84.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Asda Tingly Mint & Tea Tree Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Pears ~ Transparent Bar Soap With Mint Extracts. + Nuage Menthol shaving Oil.
Brush: Chinese Unbranded Silvertip Fibre.
Bowl Lather.
Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.
Lather : Geo F Trumper Violet Shave Cream.
Blade: Indian Gillette Wilkinson Sword. (D4)
Razor: Kanzy K100.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezings, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 + Menthol Crystals. Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Aloe Vera Gel./Blue Stratos ASL.

Greetings,

Last outing of the Indian Gillette Wilkinson Sword blade which has performed wonderfully with each shave throughout the week . What i like about the Kanzy K100 razor is, the balanced weight it's closed 'tech type head' which holds the blade rigidly which blade chatter is reduced to minimum with no blade over-hang which is very comfortable to shave with additional protection of catching my ear lobes or under my nose when shaving it gives a close presentable acceptable shave when paired together with the right blade choice.

Another enjoyable 3 pass + pick ups close comfortable shave with no errors to report...Finishing to the shave off with a generous splash of Blue Stratos ASL.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine.;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

It's a very good guess (so you can have a free bag o'nowt), but no ... the picture is the actual album cover, not manipulated.

When I first posted the question, I thought to myself that it looked a lot like 'In the Court ...'. Great piece of music, that!

It's a very good guess (so you can have a free bag o'nowt), but no ... the picture is the actual album cover, not manipulated.

When I first posted the question, I thought to myself that it looked a lot like 'In the Court ...'. Great piece of music, that!
Sorry I'm late to the party. I believe that is one of the seminal albums that formed my musical tastes and still gets a spin today, Front 242 - Tyranny (For you).

176180733_502525810882226_7994829463789882352_n.jpg
Prep: Shower, Palmolive Olive Oil Soap
Pre: Proraso Green
Soap: TDS Lilac
Brush: 24mm Yaqi Mysterious Space Tuxedo
Razor: Parker 22R Interceptor
Blade: Gillette 7 o'clock Green (1)
Soap good, blade good, ASL lovely. Operator? Bit of a div to be honest (does "div" or "divvy" traverse the country, or is it more of a local colloquialism in the North Wales/Merseyside area :unsure: ) Anyway, I digress. I somehow managed to nick my bottom lip while tidying up, which between the white lather and claret left me looking like Queen Amidala with her "teardrop" red lipstick in The Phantom Menace:rolleyes:
I can confirm I still rate the Gillette Green, but it has been surpassed by so many others over the past couple of months. Not one I'll throw away, but not one I'd reach for daily.

Last edited:
Thu 22nd SE SOTD
Soap Shannon Soaps Barbershop
Brush Yaqi 24mm Silvertip
Razor Yaqi AC Aluminum
Blade Feather ProGuard 14th Use...
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Stirling Witchhazel MitA + Hyaluronic + Reuzel Wood & Spice
Best BarberShop scent among the 3 I have with good quality lather.
Another awesome shave with razor paired with the well-used blade. Still silky smooth and very comfortable in 3passes for a mostly bbs finish without any issues. Aftershaves were awesome too!
20210422_112331.jpg

THURSDAY
PRE: bloom water
RAZOR: Gillette ‘51 W2 Gold Aristocrat
BLADE: Gillette‌ 7 O'clock SharpEdge Yellow
BRUSH: AP Shave Co. 24mm Badger/Boar Fan
SOAP: Zingari Man The Watchman Sego Shaving Soap
POST: Zingari Man The Watchman Aftershave Recovery Splash

mgZUif5.jpg

Back
Top Bottom