SOTD : Saturday 15tt - Friday 21th August 2020.

What's your verdict on the brush Brian?
I like it Chris....very much in fact. I am realising that I don't really like large badger knots. You said it had been used only a few times? . Yesterday I thought it was holding on to the lather a little. I put it down to being almost new or the HD.....or a bit of both. Today was perfect so yesterday was probably just 'operator error'. I had been fighting the urge to buy the 2015HD Silvertip so your sale was quite fortuitous for me! Many thanks!

shower
cold water
Yaqi Sagrada Familia + Tcheon Fung Sing Crema Purissima
Wilkinson Sword Classic + Derby Extra
cold water

I'm pretty much of the opinion that if the shaving soap is not too drying then all you need is a cold water rinse - other than imparting a new scent, post-shave balms, lotions, aftershave, etc. make no difference to the state of one's skin. YMMV!

Wednesday's Shave

Preshave - African Black Soap
Soap - PAA Gondolier
Brush - That Darn Rob 26mm Synbad
Razor - Finnigan Manchester Straight
Splash - Skin Bracer
Balm - Bart's Bergamot and Vanilla
EDT - CK Obsession Vintage

I have a particular affection for this razor as it was a rusty old blade with a chip from it and I restored it, reset the geometry , and honed it. It is much narrower that it would have been when made, but with the angle corrected it now shaves beautifully.

I set the new brush a couple of mm lower and it is nearly there , but it could go just a tad lower.

20200818_212314 (1) 2.jpg

20200816_111356.jpg
SOTD 19th August

Lather - Yaqi Sagrada Familia + WSP Citrus Blast
Razor - Gillette Ball End Tech
Blade - Lord Platinum #3
Post - Mennen Skin Bracer and L'Oréal Hydra Sensitive Birch Sap

Once again a fantastic lather provided, a nice shave from Tech and blade. Comfortable 3 passes dealt with 1 day's growth. Tiny bit of feedback from alum but not in the negative sense. The post shave was a welcome refresher on this damp and drab day.
So far I've enjoyed the Lord blade, feels similar to Shark and Supermax in performance.
Stay safe people and enjoy your shaves

I like it Chris....very much in fact. I am realising that I don't really like large badger knots. You said it had been used only a few times? . Yesterday I thought it was holding on to the lather a little. I put it down to being almost new or the HD.....or a bit of both. Today was perfect so yesterday was probably just 'operator error'. I had been fighting the urge to buy the 2015HD Silvertip so your sale was quite fortuitous for me! Many thanks!
It was used less than 10 times by myself so probably a bit of newness as well

Wednesday's Shave

Preshave - African Black Soap
Soap - PAA Gondolier
Brush - That Darn Rob 26mm Synbad
Razor - Finnigan Manchester Straight
Splash - Skin Bracer
Balm - Bart's Bergamot and Vanilla
EDT - CK Obsession Vintage

I have a particular affection for this razor as it was a rusty old blade with a chip from it and I restored it, reset the geometry , and honed it. It is much narrower that it would have been when made, but with the angle corrected it now shaves beautifully.

I set the new brush a couple of mm lower and it is nearly there , but it could go just a tad lower.

View attachment 58536
Lovely view Russ. I bet your dogs love it there!

19/8/20

Brush - Yaqi Mysterious Blue Handle/Fan Tuxedo knot
Soap - Arko Puck
Razor - Souplex Bakelite
Blade - Gillette 7 Yellow PPI (1)
Post - Witch Hazel
Balm - Nivea Cooling Kick
Splash - Superdrug Forest Fresh

I'd dug out my fan Tuxedo Yaqi from my cupboard of shame as I used to find the brush a bit too big, and it'd flick water over the place. Those problems still remain but I forgot how much I like the shape of the knot, really great for face lathering and it created a superb lather today.
I'd not used a PPI 7 Yellow for ages, and remembered why I hadn't done so in the shave today, it's not the smoothest blade out there, very sharp and I managed a very close shave but when I put the splash on there was a lot more post shave irritation than I expected, and my face isn't feeling the best.

The Souplex Bakelite is a small light razor, I absolutely love the feel of the handle, I love the look, feel and aesthetics of Bakelite razors.

A shave with a theme called 'Richard III'

View attachment 58513
Richard Duke of Gloucester - Colonial General V2
Sir James Blunt - Feather Super Professional
George of Clarence - Cadman 30mm Tuxedo
Marquis of Dorset - Faena Greek Skinos
Earl Rivers - Floris Santal

If you have managed to get this far then congratulations. If you skipped it all to see some Japanese ladies rock their socks off then equally so, congratulations

Get some of this

Skip what to get to the Japanese ladies?:unsure::sneaky:

Spearmint and menthol soap for summer. Great!
Iy77KsQ.jpg

Back
Top Bottom