SOTD: Saturday 15th to Friday 21th of 2020

C74B45A6-EB6E-4FF5-96DC-B4D87FE59406.jpeg

Prep: Shower
Soap: Palmolive Stick face lathered
Brush: Razorock 400 synthetic
Razor/Blade: Merkur Progress (3,3,1)/ Voskhod(1)
ASL: Tabac
Balm: Nivea sensative

A stay at the in-laws necessitated a smaller kit as my wash bag is bigger than my wife makeup bag!
A nice and close 3 pass shave with lots of lather from the Palmolive Stick, despite the very hard water where I'm staying. I'd not used this brush for a few months and had forgotten how good it is and it should dry out much quicker than my usual boars and badger brushes. I normally use a pre shave cream, but didn't notice the lack of it with today's shave.
My travel alum stick is a natural deodorant stick purchased at Holland and Barrett and so it's handy to pack.

Friday's Shave

An experiment , so Chris Kindly sent me some Creighton's as we wanted to try and see if I would have the same reaction to it as I have to Body Shop Macca Root , So the start was good it definatley smells better ! but into the second pass unfortunately my skin started to burn and I got the same Red blotches. So unfortunately this one is not for me, a squirt of bart's balm to stem the damage, and finished off with some lovely vintage Obsession.

Also used the Tiger blade again, me and these blades get on extremely well.

20200221_113631.jpg

21/2/2020

Soap - Vitos Red
Brush - Omega 11819
Razor - Fat Handle Tech
Blade - Gillette 7 Black (11)
Post - Witch Hazel
Balm - Nivea Cooling
AS - Superdrug Sierra Breeze

Once again I seemed to overhydrate my lather, it was thinner and waterier than I usually like but I seemed to get a better/closer shave down to it.

Anyway chaps, the weekend is almost with us. Have a good Friday.

Friday's Shave

An experiment , so Chris Kindly sent me some Creighton's as we wanted to try and see if I would have the same reaction to it as I have to Body Shop Macca Root , So the start was good it definatley smells better ! but into the second pass unfortunately my skin started to burn and I got the same Red blotches. So unfortunately this one is not for me, a squirt of bart's balm to stem the damage, and finished off with some lovely vintage Obsession.

View attachment 51593
Sorry to hear that Russ. Safe to say the T&H No. 10 is unlikely to work for you either.

Friday's Shave

View attachment 51593

That's a shame. Like yourself I've reacted to most if not all the Creightons creams I've tried much like like and that includes Maca Root (which was the worst for reacting towards), GFCC, and a few others I think.

Friday

Vitos Vegetale
RazoRock Plissoft 24mm synth
Face lather
Parker 24c
GWS
Thayer's Lavender and Aloe Vera
Fine Platinum after shave

Outing No.2 for the Gillette Wilky. This time, I tried it in an OC: the Parker 24c. There isn't too much blade gap on this razor, so it gives that nice balance between smoothness (or ‘mildness') and efficiency (‘aggression', if (that's) your terminology).

The Vitos Vegetale soap is very good too. Scent-wise, it's like a slightly stronger Cella and provides a rich, slick lather. Finished off with Fine Platinum, Fine's nod to Creed's Aventus (which it does remind me of). I can only hope Fine will be inspired by Silver Mountain Water one day.

E7059CDD-A978-41BD-9F6B-47601BE15B19.jpeg

DDA3C960-0D83-4454-A63C-9E6ACAF14841.jpeg

SOTD Friday, February 21, 2020

Today, as promised, I loaded the Barbasol with a Feather. My shave yesterday was very good, but this month with my MWF focus I've found that I'm able to shave as closely as before, and really don't need my PAA Preshave Cube soap. I do believe that the MWF shave soap focus over the past 21 days has very effectively conditioned my skin. I do wash the shave surfaces with Glyce glycerin soap in the shower to remove any accumulated skin oil, but other than that, my prep simply consists of a cold water rinse followed by a good old reliable MWF lather. I have finished every shave this month with a wash of the shaved surfaces with the soap squeezings.

Given the presence of a Feather blade, I took my time on that first pass, making sure to ride the cap with very short, slow strokes. And that Feather blade cradled in Madame Barbasol delivered, leaving me after that first WTG pass at the same place I was yesterday after two passes with the Suneko blade. I could easily pass the cotton ball test everywhere but my usual two places - the Adam's Apple and the middle of the back of my head where only a hint of roughness remained. I lathered up only the two remaining areas, and again very carefully buffed both areas ATG with short slow strokes leaving me with my desired BBS and one very slight weeper below the Adam's Apple which closed up after application of the witch hazel. I feel clean, smoooth, and refreshed after one and 1/2 passes.

RAZOR: Barbasol Floating Head
BLADE: Feather
PREP: Cold Water rinse
BRUSH: Omega Pro48 Boar
SOAP: Mitchell's Wool Fat
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by Thayers Lavender WH and finished with Fine Accoutrements Lavender Pour Homme AS Splash

21/02/20
Pre: Sainsbury's Luxury Soap, Bergamot & Nectarine
Brush: Yaqi Rainbow 26mm
Soap: Arran Machrie
Razor: Colonial General V2 Stainless
Blade: Feather PB (10)
Post shave: Alum Block, cold water splash, EO Infused Witch Hazel
Balm: Arran Machrie
Aftershave: Arran Machrie

Wk8 (7).JPG

Another early morning 3 pass, no issue, close and comfortable shave leaving me feeling and smelling good.
Then out to do some shopping. New reading specs ordered then a trip up to the next city for some other bits n bobs that i cannot get in my own place.
I have enjoyed using the Arran products this week, they work very well for me.
Next week it is a trip out for the Blackland razor family, The Charabang has been booked and the OSP and Signature soaps have been invited to chaperone my Chin.

Enjoy your Day All.

Last edited:
That's a shame. Like yourself I've reacted to most if not all the Creightons creams I've tried much like like and that includes Maca Root (which was the worst for reacting towards), GFCC, and a few others I think.
Yes sadly Creighton's are off the table for, me. One that Chris shared with me was the Signature soap and this seems to really suit my skin , I will definitely be ordering some more of their soap.

Yes sadly Creighton's are off the table for, me. One that Chris shared with me was the Signature soap and this seems to really suit my skin , I will definitely be ordering some more of their soap.

BrianH's Signature Soaps are pretty much the only soaps with a scent I can use that don't make my skin burn, one of the best lathers and post shave feels I've come across as well, very neutral in feel.

Friday AM 2020-02-21

Rooney 3/1 Ivory Finest (22/50)
Martin de Candre shaving soap
Wolfman WR2-SB/WRH1
Schick Super Chromium (1)
Armani Acqua di Giò aftershave
8rogjn6.jpg

f2g2IjO.jpg

Back
Top Bottom