SOTD: Saturday 15th -Friday 21st June 2019.

No shave today - awaiting

Hi Chris
Having read your initial thoughts on the Game Changer, it has made me look forward to receiving mine all the more.
In fact, I'm not going to shave until it arrives, so I'll have four or five day's growth to remove by then.
+1 for Alvarez Gomez BarberIa Cream. It's simply divine in scent and performance.

18TH JUNE 2019.

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ L'OREAL ~ Birch Sap Shower Gel.

Pre:

Cold wet flannel to my face.

Pears ~ Lemon Flower Extracts Transparent Soap.

Brush: Chinese Unbranded Synthetic.

Bowl: Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.

Bowl Lather.

Uber/Superlather: Chinese Cologne Soap / Arko Hydrate Shaving cream.

Blade: Derby Premium.(3)

Razor: Fatip Grande.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade menthol crystals +Eucalyptus peppermint,+ Tea Tree Oil Witch Hazel Mixture./ Duru ~ Turkish Mandalina Cologne .

The Real Shaving Co. ~ Post Shave Soothing Balm.

Greetings,

Another early morning shave.

I was curious to try the derby premium blade in my fatip Grande which is a more aggressive razor than the mild non-aggressive parker 22r the verdict was another comfortable duo, which to be honest, i wasn't sure if it would have worked but it did wonderfully, feeling comfortably smooth and efficient with no tugging issues between each pass..The derby premium blade has yet again impressed me with it's efficient smoothness.

A wonderfully smooth 3 pass + pick ups near bbs shave with no errors to report.

Finishing to the shave off with a generous dollop of The Real Shaving Co. ~ Post Shave Soothing Balm.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling devine.

Enjoy your day, ladies & gentlemen.

Last edited:
The GC84 is a great razor. The Alvarez Gomez is one of my favourite soaps as well. Surprisingly thirsty for such a wet soap but the performance is top notch. The smell is wonderful as well. That's a top shave you've had there (as you already know!) In my opinion.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Tuesday 18th June

Heno de Pravia Glycerine Soap
Cyril R Salter Shaving Soap
Yaqi with a Maggards 24mm 2BB/Boar
Yintal 'Bronze' with a Feather Hi Stainless Blade
Witch Hazel
Palmer's Moisturiser
Agua Lavanda Puig

2 passes for a super smooth and comfortable finish........perfect!

Leaving for N Ireland today for a few days. Although it is for a family wedding....I am really looking forward to the GOT exhibition which is currently running in the GOT studio in Belfast. It will be good to 'recharge the batteries for a few days

What's the verdict on the blades with the AS-D2 @Blademonkey ? Looking forward to hear your conclusion
I'm still working through them but the KAI was just in front of the Feather, Lodz Polsilver and the Wizamet IS but not that far ahead to justify the cost of Kai blades.
The Lodz Polsilver, Feather and Wizamet IS were all about the same, I can get BBS with any of the blades tested with this razor.
over all a very good mild razor that seems to work well with many blades. P.

Thank's for the feedback Paul. I to find that the KAI blades is the best blade for the AS-D2. Luckily I have a fair amount of KAI blades in stock.