SOTD Saturday 14th to Friday 20th March 2015

As usual a little Myrsol Emulsion to start and keeping up the refreshing theme with NSS Ice & A Slice. Finishing with my first splash of Veg courtesy of Simon - and - I have to confess - I really don't like the fragrance of Veg at all - I'll try it again naturally but I don't think me and the Veg are going to get on

BBS from a great Il Ceppo head on a lovely LAW handle with a meh Perma Sharp (1)

Ratty
[attachment=13420]

Attachments

• SOTD.jpg
    SOTD.jpg
    498.2 KB · Views: 9
Thursday

Afternoon, everyone.

Prep: Claus Porto's Lime-oil face soap
Razor: EJ DE89
Blade: Gillette green 7 o'clock (6)
Brush: Kabuki Bamboo
Shave soap: Monsavon
Aftershave: Mandate
Cologne: Mandate

Prep: Hot shower
Pre: Proraso pre-shave - sensitive
Soap: Tabula Rasa - Herbs (sample)
Bowl: Fine Accoutrements
Brush: L'Occitane synthetic
Razor: Ever Ready Heavy Flat Top
Blade: Gem (5)
After: Aqua Velva - Sport AS, Weleda ASB

Using Tabula Rasa with a synthetic brush really creates a rich lather and with the L'Occitane brush truly gives a luxurious feel on the face. If you love lemongrass, which I do, this is a great soap to use.
This ER Deluxe (HFT) razor is so easy to use. A blade which was rough in the Micromatic OC yesterday was tamed and smooth in today's razor.
Don't know if it was the soap or the Weleda ASB but skin conditioning afterwards was excellent.

Enjoy your day.

SOTD_150319_zps1tkoccim.jpg

Thursday 19th March

SOTD2019.3.15_zpstoj4gnko.jpg

Warm shower
Hot towel
Mike's Barbershop scuttle lathered
Finest Badger brush made by myself
Gillette NEW Deluxe
Gillette Super Thin (1)
Cold rinse
Thayers Superhazel
Aqua Velva Musk aftershave

This new blade was a bit rough and tuggy in this razor today. One shave and out for it !
Not often I experience that with a new blade.

Greetings

Thursday 19th March 2015
Prep: Shower
Razor: GEM OCMM
Blade: GEM Blue Star Carbon
Brush: Vie Long 2 Band
Soap: Nanny's Arabian Nights
Aftershave: Astral Cream (light)
EDT: Encre Noir

A typical OCMM ultra close shave, first use of the soap and this new (to me) brush, both performed superbly.

Regards
Dick.

DSC06012.JPG

Fourth day with the Famex - a most excellent shave.
Maybe it was due to the ABC handle I put on it - I think it looks really neat and it felt great during the shave.

Razor: Famex
Blade: Rapira
Brush: L'Occitane Plisson
Soap: Cella
A/S: Myrsol Agua Balsamica

34j3wbp.jpg

Darkbulb said:
Burgundy said:
Gillette Trac II Deluxe
Whipped Dog silvertip
Frankensoap!
No7 Recovery balm
Guerlain Vetiver edt

How do you like the Trac II Deluxe?
I got a NOS, unused in a box I am toying with the idea of breaking open and shave with
I've only tried the one type of cartridge - of completely unknown provenance - so far. It's shaves perfectly acceptably but, as they're not vented, it should clog fairly easily. It's no worse than a Sensor but nor is it definitively better. The bonus, to me, is that replacement blades are cheap and easily available.

Wickhams bay rum
Omega boar
Weber PH
Voskhod (1)
Myrsol f/extra
Proraso White ASB

Got a bit cocky, pushed it a bit far, one too many clean up passes, sore neck with muchos irritation - Myrsol sorted it out!

Greetings

Friday 20th March 2015
Prep: Shower
Razor: Gillette Tech
Blade: Rapira (Pink & Blue)
Brush: Semogue 1250 Boar
Soap: Speick Stick Grated
Aftershave: Astral Cream (light)
EDT: Terre D'Hermes

The last time I shaved with this razor was three years ago, I find it hard work because it is so mild, I choose it because yesterday I did not shave until the afternoon and this morning had little stubble to cut. I would have done better with a single pass with a more aggressive razor.

Regards
Dick.

DSC06014.JPG

Fri 20th March

Pre Wash Neutrogena Bar
Victoria P/B brush
Proraso green cream
Gem MM bullet tip
Alum rub/rinse off
Nivea A/S Balm
La toja A/S Lotion

Another blade tamer on 1st blade use. A mild easy shave, delivered decent but not a really close shave. Maybe too mild a razor, for some.

Back
Top Bottom