Face lather
Valet Autostrop VC3
Feather HS-10
PAL Injectomatic
Schick Proline B
Alum
Thayer's Rose Petal and Aloe Vera
Tabac Original after shave

Now, I know that the VC3 (despite its appearance) is a very ‘mild' fellow; and HS-10s don't last, but even after 3 passes I hadn't reached a satisfactory level of finish. So, out came the PAL to finish things off with a 4th (!) pass.

I was sure I was going to have a face like an Aberdeen policeman after this; but no complaint upon alum application.

I won't give up on the VC3 though; it's never going to give a BBS finish for me but I have had decent shaves with it. Quite possibly it just needs a more frequent blade change.

50A1807D-C94A-4AC5-BA38-381A82A28E1A.jpeg

Thursday 18th July 2019 PM

Hot shower / Proraso Green pre-shave cream
Executive Shaving Medium Jock synthetic
TOBS Peppermint cream
Rockwell 6c Plate R3 / Gillette 7 O'clock Green Super Stainless
Thayers Cucumber / Floid Vigoroso

I still can't upload the image, however this was a fantastic shave this evening.

The Floid always finishes things off perfectly.

BBS and smiling from ear to ear.

Have a great evening folks!

Thursday 18th July

Chinese Silvertip Fibre - Blue's Dakar scented soap - Pal Injectomatic - Schick Proline B #2 - Speick A/S - Aloe Vera Gel - Milton Lloyd 'The Man Cobalt' EDT
Late night shave
W2y6spd.jpg

Last edited:
Thursday SOTD

Tabac Stick
YaqI Chianti 24mm Synthetic
RazoRock Game Changer
Voskhod (1)
Vitos Tobacco ASL

I find the Game Changer shaves so much better with a fresh blade, although not quite as efficient as I would like.
Tabac is always a joy to use. From it's scent to residual slickness and post shave feel.
Finished with Vitos Tobacco ASL - very kindly gifted to me by @Digimonkey
It's a very good aftershave and compliments scent of Tabac nicely

SOTD Thursday 18 July 2019

Pre-shave: Warm shower, Wright's Cold Tar Soap, and cold water splash.
Soap: Martin de Candre Forage.
Brush: Simpsons Duke 2 - Best Badger.
Bowl: Giles Pottery Co - Spotty Pedestal,
Razor: Pils 101NE.
Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock Yellow (2).
Post: Myrsol 'Plastic', followed by Ibiza Aloe - Aloe Vera Gel.
EDP: Molinard Cuir.

Wow; 3 passes of sheer joy this morning; very relaxed shave - the Pils loaded with Gillette Yellow's is working well for me, as ever I appreciate that YMMV. A DFS+/BBS- finish, with no issues to report.

Good feedback from the Myrsol Plastic; its been a while since I have used that to close out a shave; I cannot recommend Ibiza Aloe enough, it seems to be absorbed by my skin in an instance, other Aloe Vera gells for me can take some time to absorb.

I am holding the Pils just down from the head and paying closer attention to a 30 degree angle, down from the horizontal with the handle - for me that seems to be the sweet spot.

All the best,

Chris

Lovely shave with my new Feather AC DX Wood and a KAI Protouch blade

Also first shave with the SV Mirto di Sardegna. Wonderful scent and the usual high performance from SV

Glad to have found new use for my empty PannaCrema jars, the SV soap fits in very good

07989323-9B18-47EF-9507-81C808A0AEEB.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom