A nice shave with classical music on the radio using:
Proraso preshave cream (green-menthol)
Proraso cypress and vetiver shaving cream
Yaqui Sagrada, face lathering
Astra blue (SS)
Seygus Zeppelin 2 (0.7/0.5), 3 canonical passes with 0.7-0.5-0.5 blade gap
Alum
Alvarez Gomez Agua de Colonia concentrada

Amazingly smooth and deep shave. Looks like that the Zeppelin works for me only with the Astra Blue, but extremely well.
With other blades is not so pleasant, and I tried really few. I will not investigate further...
Don't know if the Proraso combination was also key to success, but I am very happy of those products

Todays Shave Kit Thursday 18th Feb 2021

Shave Score 9.80/10.0

PreShave: Hot Shower
PreShave Cream: Proraso Refreshing
Soap: Arko Shave Soap in Bowl
Brush: Clear Confidence Co Synthetic Shaving Brush - Vegan-Friendly
Razor: Merkur Progress 500 (2.5, 2.5, 2.5)
Blade: Gillette Super Thin Platinum (3)
Post Shave: Proraso After Shave Green Refreshing
Post Shave Balm: Proraso Aftershave Balm White

Have a good day all.

Joe

151649582_217805846713711_6907467103427277713_n.jpg
Prep: Shower, Palmolive Olive Oil Soap,
Soap: Ach Brito Mogno
Brush: Shaving Factory Bristle Brush XS
Razor: Flying Eagle "Tech clone"
Blade: Gillette Nacet (4)

Well my ebay purchase rocked up in unused condition, and was immediately coveted by my wife :rolleyes: She's become intrigued by my ritualistic approach to my ablutions since the safety razors came on the scene, and is keen to give one a go. So this rose-gold boxed Chinese gem will be handed over, leaving the path clear should any other essentials pop up online ;) I gave it a run out to ensure it was OK this morning, so, what did we learn?
1) The razor is indeed a rough-around-the-edges Tech copy.
2) It's fit for purpose, and a 4 day old Nacet ensured if it wasn't then it wasn't going to kill me!
3) Much like the Shaving Factory SF89 razor, I'd forgotten how much I love this little brush. Perfectly paired to face lather the Mogno, it had me smiling.
4) Forget your PS5 an XBox Series X. My kids agree with me that hours of fun can be had by sitting there tilting the box, saying "Lion....lioness, lion.....lioness" as the picture changes:ROFLMAO:

18/02/21
5 For Feb
Pre: Cold water Face wash with Wickhams pre shave soap
Brush: Alpha Outlaw Titanium G4 Synth
Soap: Stirling Soap co. Bay Rum
Razor: Blackland Tradere
Blade: Personna Lab Blue (6)
Post shave: Cold water splash, TC's Infused Witch Hazel
Balm: TC's Bay Rum Argan Oil
Aftershave: @Electrif 's Bay Rum #1
Wk 6 6. Thurs.JPG
Very Nice, i did find i was applying a bit pressure towards the end of the ATG pass, therefore, i banked the blade after the shave.
Could it have carried on? probably, although i was not prepared to spoil the next shave with a nick.
A nice post shave finishing with @Electrif 's Bay Rum Splash #1, i might have 2 shaves worth left. i will be sad when it goes.
Stay safe and enjoy your day All

View attachment 65001
Prep: Shower, Palmolive Olive Oil Soap,
Soap: Ach Brito Mogno
Brush: Shaving Factory Bristle Brush XS
Razor: Flying Eagle "Tech clone"
Blade: Gillette Nacet (4)

Well my ebay purchase rocked up in unused condition, and was immediately coveted by my wife :rolleyes: She's become intrigued by my ritualistic approach to my ablutions since the safety razors came on the scene, and is keen to give one a go. So this rose-gold boxed Chinese gem will be handed over, leaving the path clear should any other essentials pop up online ;) I gave it a run out to ensure it was OK this morning, so, what did we learn?
1) The razor is indeed a rough-around-the-edges Tech copy.
2) It's fit for purpose, and a 4 day old Nacet ensured if it wasn't then it wasn't going to kill me!
3) Much like the Shaving Factory SF89 razor, I'd forgotten how much I love this little brush. Perfectly paired to face lather the Mogno, it had me smiling.
4) Forget your PS5 an XBox Series X. My kids agree with me that hours of fun can be had by sitting there tilting the box, saying "Lion....lioness, lion.....lioness" as the picture changes:ROFLMAO:
Rockwell have just brought out a Rose Gold
go on buy her a gift lol

Back
Top Bottom