SOTD : Saturday 13th February to Friday 19th February 2021

This evening's shaving adventure by the sink brought with it the theme 'Ikonic Greeks'

View attachment 64883

Homer - Ikon B1
Socrates - Polsilver Lodz
Aristotle - Wee whisky barrel
Hippocrates - Faena Skinos
Nana Mouskouri - Duine Fon Choill

If Demis Roussos had ever shaved when he was with us he would have used Faena and the Ikon B1. The fact he was bearded is neither or there. But if.........

Last week's toe dipping exercise back in to the world of DE's did have me realise just how damn overlooked the B1 had been. So here it is again 'The revenge of the Ikon part 2 - The Ikon strikes back'. And what a well worth toe dipping extravaganza it was.

Despite my love for everything SE I still swear the B1 is in a class of its own when it comes to shaving perfection. With a superb medium produced by the 'Greek shaving soap meets the Scottish brush', the Ikon just scythed its way through facial undergrowth to produce one shave made in Heaven for a man from damnation. So damn close even a splash of Witch Hazel drew my breath in. Nothing the super matching balm couldn't cool and a lashing of the Duine Fon Choill just added to the perfection.

I'll drink to that young man

And on the theme of perfection some perfect ladies to sing you out and put some smiles on your clean shaven faces.

Is that the brush from the gentleman’s groom room dundee ? if so what’s your thoughts ?
i was speaking about that very brush with ian the owner today

Just realised I forgot to post my Mondays shave ... Oops !

Pre: hot shower with scrub followed by bluebeards revenge preshave oil
Soap: southern witchcraft necromantic
Razor : Edward X Jacob
Blade: astra SP (3)
ASL: Nivea sensitive post shave balm

Good shave - however made a silly mistake at first and forgot to swap the blade sides (was using only the sb side and not oc... Therefore it was as if 5th shave with the blade). Due to that caught couple weepers - once realised what was wrong, I swapped the blade sides to have fresher one on SB side of razor and rest of the shave went effortless. Two days before I had a really close shave, so to not overdo it went for two passes - WTG and XTG with slight touchup on the chin. Love the unique smell of the soap.

A bit of feedback from alum In some places where I went through before swapping the edge, then around the neck in some spots too - will need to slow down and try to do some more stretching there , since it seems like I have trouble with getting a good angle on the curve of neck joining the head

Now since 6s has arrived, need to decide what blade and what plate to use on next shave... I'm thinking plate 2 or 3, but not sure on blade. Any recommendations?

Wed 17th SOTD
Soap La Toja Stick 1st Use (y)(y)(y)
Brush
Yaqi 24mm Ruby Tuxedo
Razor Fatip OC with FOCS handle
Blade Shark Super Stainless 3rd
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Thayers + Hyaluronic + Bvlgari AS Balm & EDT
Wow! What an awesome lather from this soap stick! Thickly creamy and very very slick! Pleasant scent too. Exceptional value for the quality.
Shave with razor paired with the blade was very smooth and comfortable for 3passes without any issues. The result was between bbs to dfs. Excellent aftershaves.
20210217_121629.jpg

Is that the brush from the gentleman’s groom room dundee ? if so what’s your thoughts ?
i was speaking about that very brush with ian the owner today

It is indeed.

The knot is on the softer side but it has enough back in it for both face and bowl lathering without any issue. Doesn't hold too much water which is what I prefer and picks up easily. Happy across the board with soft and hard soaps and creams. Especially MDC..... oddly

Despite its novelty approach it does fit perfectly in the hand and it is beautifully made. Overall a smashing brush and one I always love using.

Tabac Tuesday 16th Feb

Soap - Tabac
Brush - Simpson Trafalgar T3
Razor - RazoRock Hawk V3 (A)
Blade - Schick Proline P30 (4)
Post - Tabac Aftershave Lotion

First pass, downwards on the cheeks I couldn't tell the difference between the Standard & A plate.
On the chin, moustache and neck areas is where the penny dropped - quite a bit more efficient indeed.
First pass down, I proceeded cautiously - I never do an XTG pass, WTG & ATG is my preferred routine.
I needn't have been concerned, at one point on my right cheek/jaw where ATG is from East to West I couldn't feel the blade at all, only the sound of cutting hairs.
Comfortable all over finish without mishap or irritation.

Last edited:
150795260_972479729951795_4441013265593501715_n.jpg
Prep: Shower, Palmolive Olive Oil Soap,
Soap: Mastro Miche Artiglio
Brush: Yaqi Sagrada Familia 24mm
Razor: Parker 22R Interceptor
Blade: Gillette Nacet (3)

Time to crack open that big bag of Tabac samples off of ebay! It pairs beautifully with the Artiglio, and the Nacet on a third run has left me feeling ready to face the day. I'm surprised how my reaction to some scents has changed over the last couple of months. Like the Stirling Hipster, the Artiglio has grown on me hugely, and has become a favourite when paired with a "heavy" scent like Tabac. Definitely a good start to Hump Day :giggle:

17/02/21
5 For Feb
Pre: Cold water rinse and face wash with the Wickams pre shave soap.
Brush: Silver Birch Brushes - Cocobolo 26mm Silvertip
Soap: Ariana & Evans L'Orange Verte
Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Feather Pro (4)
Post shave: Cold water splash ,TC's Infused Witch Hazel
Balm: Balm: Barts Balm Lime Balm & Lotion
Aftershave: Mäurer & Wirtz 4711 EDC
Wk 6 5. Wed.JPG
A very easy comfortable 2 pass shave this morning.
I know i have said i enjoy these cold water shaves, however, i don't think this brush does, the first time since its first use it lost a few hairs today, i will probably need to soak this in warm water to see if that helps.
Stay safe and enjoy your day All.

Pre: hot shower, sanctuary triple cleansing mousse, bluebeards revenge preshave oil
Razor: Rockwell 6s ( plate 2, 2, 3)
Blade: Gillette nacet (1)
Soap: alphy&becs fresh cotton
Brush: omega 49 professional
Bowl: collapsible slow feeder dog bowl
Post: cold water, alum block, Nivea sensitive aftershave Balm

Good shave - started off with soaking the brush whilst going for a shower (so it got good 10-15 mins soak). Lather was much easier to whip up in the dog bowl compared to usual small stainless steel one. Regarding the soap- it does smell nice however the scent is quite weak to my nose.

First time using this razor so opted out for plate two with nacet. Growth was two and half days , however that seemed to be a bit of challenge for plate two (got fairly coarse hair). For third pass switched to plate three , and it gave much better pass. Couple small corrections around chin area and was good to go!

No nicks, no weepers, and very slight stubble whilst going ATG with fingers. No feedback from alum - that's a first for me!

Next time might need to start with plate 3 or maybe even step up to 4.

IMG_20210217_091208.jpg

Todays Shave Kit Wednesday 17th Feb 2021

Shave Score 9.85/10.0

PreShave: Hot Shower
PreShave Cream: Proraso Refreshing
Soap: OSP - Dark Matter
Brush: Clear Confidence Co Synthetic Shaving Brush - Vegan-Friendly
Razor: Merkur Progress 500 (2.5, 2.5)
Blade: Gillette Super Thin Platinum (2)
Post Shave: Stirling Soap Co. - Sharp Dressed Man After Shave Lotion
Post Shave Balm: Stirling Shave Co. - Sharp Dressed Man Balm

Tried the new (to me anyway) Stirling Sharp Dressed Man After Shave and Balm, the after shave makes your eyes water but does a very nice job indeed, the Balm, I discovered goes on like more of a cream than a lotion, and a little goes a long way, feels nice once your face has dried because you went to mad with it :)

The OSP - Dark Matter Soap was amazing once again, tons of super thick creamy lather :)

Back to a normal 3 Pass shave today, only because my shave is too quick otherwise :), no nicks, and BBS.

Have a good day all.

Joe

AD099010-B915-4579-8EAA-3CCB7D49DE61.jpeg

Last edited:
It is indeed.

The knot is on the softer side but it has enough back in it for both face and bowl lathering without any issue. Doesn't hold too much water which is what I prefer and picks up easily. Happy across the board with soft and hard soaps and creams. Especially MDC..... oddly

Despite its novelty approach it does fit perfectly in the hand and it is beautifully made. Overall a smashing brush and one I always love using.
Thanks for your feedback it certainly looks the part,
I think i’ll need to get one.
Being a whisky drinker it makes sense
i also like the Deer handle brushes he has,

WEDNESDAY ‌02/17/21 SOTD
Gillette ‘53 Y2 President / Nacet
WCS 26mm Synthetic BOSS knot
Ethos /CBL Fresh Lime Shave Soap
Epsilon Blue Mediterranean AS

SnpM8Gs.jpg

Back
Top Bottom