SOTD Saturday 12th to Friday 18th December 2015

Thur 17th December.

Omega 11126 Boar
OSP Bay Rum
Gem OCMM
Gem S/S [ 6 ]
Alum Rub/ Aqua Velva A/S

Good little brush for face lathering,can feel it working the lather in, but not at all scratchy !. Though for me a blade on 6th use is past its best. Though not the smoothest of shaves, the finish attained was pretty good.

IMG_0047.jpg

Good morning to all:

Yesterday I got my new OneBlade razor and my new Caties Bubble soaps. You can't imagine what a great shave I had, it was awesome. I will talk about this new razor in future posts.

27xnxn6.jpg

Greetings to everyone

WvtTON7h.jpg

Shave & Scent of the day with:
Soap: Saponificio Varesino Special Edition Soap
Brush: L'Occitane Plisson Synthetic
Razor: ATT Atlas R1
Blade: Kai (3rd)
Post #1: Vichy Homme After Shave Balm
Post #2: Malin+Goetz Vitamin E Face Moisturizer
Scent: Tabac Rouge by Phaedon

Very enjoyable shave, leaving my face feeling soft & smooth!

Hot Shower
Proraso Green
Proraso / Omega Boar
ATT S1 Kronos
Derby (2)
Proraso Green A/S
Having seen separate threads in relation to both the Proraso Green Soap and the Proraso Boar brush here on the forum I thought I would give them both a run out this morning as they don't get a great deal of love lately.
I do not know why because my shave today was first class.
Note to myself :- use the green more often.

Shave of the day with:
Razor: Mongoose B3 Razor.
Blade: Feather Pro.
Soap: Proraso Menthol.
Brush: Shavemac TSR LE 2015 XMAS NUMBER 50.
Toner: Thayers witch-hazel Rose petal.
Moisturiser: Nivea Men.
Aftershave: Floid Black.

step0003.jpg

SOTD December 17, 2015
Noxema Pre Shave
Gillette Heavy Tech / Astra SP
Simpsons / Pre de Provence
WH / PdP ASB

Awesome shave this morning. If it was any better I would have to take an ad out in the newspaper to spread the word! This is a great combination. Since starting to use the Noxema as a preshave treatment I am finding that difficult to shave spot on my chin is not as prone to irritation or weepers. The extra lubrication seems to make a big difference. I tip my hat to Noxema!
Pre de Provence Simpsons [1].jpg

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

BSB Rubberset 400 homage in 2 band HMW
Schick M type adjustable/Schick twin NOS
Mr Kramperts wonderful Acadian Spice (bay rum) SC
Barbershop Bay Rum AS and more used as cologne

Jeeez, this brush whisks up a great lather like no others of mine. Seriously, it's a strange thing to see it happen so fast. Plus, the cream used today creates an even nicer than looking result than most others. Performance is quite good too. Not only that, the scent is pretty damn close to what Steve made, with both loaded with gourmand and other notes. Spicy! Double jackpot bay rum today.

The razor/blade combo dialed in juuuust right is a tough one to break out of, mainly because of how much fun the shave can be.

BBS results,

Martin

This is my "back in time" shave, all vintage and it was an absolute corker.

Old Spice soap
Wilkinson Sword flip top
Wilkie blade
Fuller boar brush
Old Spice splash

I didn't realise the flip top was rare or desirable but this was a lovely smooth shave. I thought it might be the Wilkie blades but I did one half of my face with a Silver Blue which was very nearly as good. The Fuller brush is a great face latherer as well.

If this is how my grandad shaved then grandad was a lucky bloke. I'm going to have many more shaves with the flip top.

After my Tuesday shave with the King Cobra where I used an over-used Feather Proguard blade in in and ended up cutting myself a bit I was, admittedly, a bit hesitant to use the KC again this morning. Burnt child, fire and all that.

But...I went ahead and plopped the once-used Feather Pro blade into it. Sucked it up and went to 'work'.

Amazing different - clean, efficient strokes. This is by no means a mild razor though - and I got a small weeper this morning to re-remind me about that. It has a bite to it - but oh boy, does it ever shave closely and efficiently. Once again the size of the handle/head proved to be of no concern as far as navigating around my face during the shave. Great, great razor and I am very happy I was able to get hold of one.

Other gear
Used the New Forest Tubby 2 for the first time. That handle does feel massive but in a fun way and the knot was superb to use this morning.
Applied some Acqua di Eucaliptio by Extro' in Turin, Italy. This 200ml bottle sells for about 4-5 Euro/6-7 dollars and is a very non-intrusive post shave splash. No strong scent or perceived skin benefits - just a nice, fresh eucalyptus water. I rather like it but not 100% sure I will buy it again, we'll see once I've used it a bit more.

afh9jn.jpg

Back
Top Bottom