SOTD : Saturday 12th October - Friday 18th October 2019.

SOTD : 17th October 2019.

u.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Original Source ~ Fresh Water Mint & Guarana Shower Gel.

Pre:

warm wet flannel to my face.

Pears ~ Transparent Soap.

Brush: Omega S10065.

Face Lather.

Soap: Palmira Serbia shaving soap.

Blade: Lord ~ Silver Star.(2)

Frankenrazor: Yaqi DOC Head / Schmidt R10 Handle.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade menthol crystals +Eucalyptus peppermint,+ Tea Tree Oil Witch Hazel Mixture./Brut ASL.

Nivea Men ~ Sensitive Cooling Post Shave Balm.

Greetings,

Another early morning shave.

Throughtout the week the lord silver star blade has paired together superbly with each razor i've matched it up with today with the frankenrazor was yet again no exception.

I can't remember the last used the Palmira Serbia shaving soap, which is very like 'Cella' but with a milder almond scent.

I've found a the soap to work brilliantly using a synthetic brush,today was no exception, i squeeze the excess water from the brush give it a quick shake then load it on to the wet soap, Starting to face lather adding 2-3 drops of water to the tips of the brush, when needed which gave me a excellent slick protective lather for the full shave leaving a good post shave feel..A very good shaving soap, which i should use more often.

Another very comfortable 3 pass + pick ups silky smooth shave with no errors to report.

Finishing to the shave off with a generous dollop of Nivea Men ~ Sensitive Cooling Post Shave Balm.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling devine.;)

Enjoy your day, ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Thursday 17th October

Vitos Pre shave cream
Vitos Green Shaving Soap
Vulfix 'The Mayfair' Pure Badger Brush
RazoRock ECO Razor with a 7 O'Clock Sharp Edge
Alum
Thayers Witch Hazel with cucumber
Macadamia Oil
Vitos Tobacco AS

My first use of the ECO, and I must say that this is a very efficient razor.I could have stopped with 2 passes but carried on for a third. As a result....the Alum test gave a little more 'tingle' than I am accustomed to. A great BBS finish and I am more than happy with its first outing :)

17/10/19

Razor: Rex Ambassador #2
Blade: Feather (1)
Brush: dscosmetics 26mm
Soap: Real Shaving Co
Pre: Proraso White
ASL: Osma Alum
ASB: Real Shaving Co
Scent: Gucci by Gucci

IMG_20191017_065228.jpg

Tried a Feather in the Rex today. Got a mostly smooth result with no drama but I'm expecting the subsequent shaves to be smoother - the first couple of passes with a Feather are always feel a little rough to me. The Real Shaving Co. cream did its job but the scent and performance didn't excite me enough to make it a regular in the rotation.

The jury is still out on the dscosmetics brush. It seems a bit springy but I'll give it another try.

SOTD 20191017.
QgF2E2a.jpg

Proraso pre-shave cream (red).
J&T® katalox / OUMO Brush imitation silvertip synth.
Jabones by Luna “Azahar” shaving soap.
Schick type I1 injector.
Schick Proline B (12).
Floïd "Black" AS.

Pre-shave:- None
Bowl/Scuttle:- None
Brush:- None
Soap/Cream:- Bulldog gel and aerosol Gel mix
Razor/Blade:- Wilkinson Classic and Shark (3)
Post/After-shave: Cocoa Butter
Fragrance:- None

Third shave with the Shark blade, first shave was really bad, sharp but rough. Second was better, the shave today was good, a close and smooth shave, even with the mild Wilkinson razor.

17/10/19
Pre: Pears Transparent Original
Brush: Simpson Chubby 2
Soap: Stirling Soap Co. Sandalwood
Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Feather PB (8)
Post shave: Alum Block, cold water splash, Homemade Astringent
Balm: Bart's Balm Rosemary and Sandalwood AS Lotion & Proraso Red Balm
Aftershave: Proraso Red

6 Thurs.JPG

Not the best of shaves today, mainly down to my lather, i inadvertently deposited too much water into the finished lather after rinsing my hands and picking up the bowl, it was thinner and not a slick as i usually like. Lesson learned.
The Vector itself performed well enough, however, i am not sure if the blade is going off or it was the thin lather.
3 passes required today and some very minor indications from the block.
Still a very good BBS finish and a very nice post shave from the Barts Balm & Proraso.
I will give the blade its last run out tomorrow in the General to finish off the week.

Its close, real close between these 2 excellent razors.
Have a great day All

Thur 17th Oct

My first use of the TNNSER 3D a printed version of the original , modified by the creator Tom White and Andreas@riverun
This one lent to me by Arthur @Electrif .
It is very light so I had to pull on it initially to get through my heavy growth, but it smoothed out later.The quality of the all round Shave finish is excellent, being better than most Vintage SEs that I have used.The downside for me was that the pulling caused some soreness, which needed a dose of Alum.

C61BA143-A3D1-40E9-999E-94ED0791B934.jpeg

TyEfTA4.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap,Antica Barbieria Colla Almond Oil Pre-Shave Cream
Brush: Paladin Lotus Select Badger
Soap: Barrister's Reserve Fern
Razor: Gillette Slim Aristocrat (5)
Blade: NOS Personna P74 Med Prep (8)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Antica Barbieria Colla Almond Oil Balm
Scent: Musgo Real Spiced Citrus EdC

My first shave with a Barrister's Reserve soap. Being aware of somewhat different lathering techniques best suited to this soap, I checked out a vid in which Will himself explained the soap base and the lathering requirements. I followed this technique, and had no problems. The lather is low profile, but super slick, and with elite residual slickness. The scent was very familiar to me, and it dawned upon me that it was much like the discontinued Sir Irisch Moos. If this was indeed Will's intent, he did a great job.
Dialing the Aristocrat up to 5 resulted in a 3 pass BBS result.

Back
Top Bottom