SOTD : Saturday 12th October - Friday 18th October 2019.

ce

Sunday, 13 October 2019

PreShave: Warm to hot water, most from the boiled kettle some from the tap
Cream: D R Harris Almond
Brush: Kent BK8
Bowl: My recycled T&H cream bowl
Razor: The Sledgehammer (Merkur 39C)
Blade Astra platinum (2)
Post Shave: Alum

Fragrance: Floris 89

A fine shave before some work—not a restful weekend for me. And a week from hell awaits. Enjoy what remains of your weekend, and have a good week folks.

14 October

Simpson's Luxury Shave Cream
Simpson Chubby 2 Manchurian
EJ 3one6
Personna med prep
Clinique post-shave soother

4B04628A-0A06-491E-9F22-9F0FEE775935.jpeg

A first rate shave today led by the Simpson combo producing a luxurious shaving lather, just like it says on the tin. The EJ with the med prep blade is really working well for me, very close and comfortable shaves.

SOTD 20191014.
9Buwi7V.jpg

Proraso pre-shave cream (red).
Vie-Long foroafeitado SE 2019 synth.
Stirling "Varen" shaving soap (sample).
Vintage Souplex / Stork Ti "Classic" handle.
Lord Platinum Class (2).
Stirling "Varen" ASB (sample).

14/10/19

Brush - Omega 11819
Soap - Palmolive Stick
Razor - Fat Handle Tech
Blade - Personna Lab Blue (1)
Post - Alum/Plaster
AS - Benjamin's Bay Rum Mentholated

I'd not used a Lab Blue in a while, and paired it with one of the mildest razor heads I own and it was still incredibly sharp but very smooth nonetheless. I've had issues with quality control with this particular blade but a good Lab Blue is pretty much as good as any blade.

The first pass was delightful but I managed to nick my lower lip whilst I was doing the second pass, XTG nose to ear direction. I've picked up a few serious nicks over the last few months and they have always been on the second pass around the mouth, I think there's a chance my technique might have got a bit suspect and I think I have to readdress it. The nick itself was on the join between the skin of the lip and and the lip itself and was one where the alum seemed to have no impact so it was down to a plaster to save the day.

Now there's a plaster on the side of my lip.

With that, now am I really looking sophisticated...

Have a good start to the week chaps.

14/10/19

Brush - Omega 11819
Soap - Palmolive Stick
Razor - Fat Handle Tech
Blade - Personna Lab Blue (1)
Post - Alum/Plaster
AS - Benjamin's Bay Rum Mentholated

I'd not used a Lab Blue in a while, and paired it with one of the mildest razor heads I own and it was still incredibly sharp but very smooth nonetheless. I've had issues with quality control with this particular blade but a good Lab Blue is pretty much as good as any blade.

The first pass was delightful but I managed to nick my lower lip whilst I was doing the second pass, XTG nose to ear direction. I've picked up a few serious nicks over the last few months and they have always been on the second pass around the mouth, I think there's a chance my technique might have got a bit suspect and I think I have to readdress it. The nick itself was on the join between the skin of the lip and and the lip itself and was one where the alum seemed to have no impact so it was down to a plaster to save the day.

Now there's a plaster on the side of my lip.

With that, now am I really looking sophisticated...

Have a good start to the week chaps.
Waca! Just pretend you've spent the morning with Timmy Mallett and instantly regain your street cred!download.jpeg

14/10/19
Pre: Pears Transparent Original
Brush: RR400 Plissoft
Soap: Stirling Soap Co. Sandalwood
Razor: Colonial General V2
Blade: Feather PB (5)
Post shave: Alum Block, cold water splash, Homemade Bay Rum Astringent
Balm: Barts Balm Rosemary and Sandalwood Lotion & Proraso Red
A/S: Proraso Red

3 Mon.JPG
Another fine shave from the New General today.
A great Lather mixed with the Stirling soap and RR4, plenty enough for 3 plus passes, i only needed half of it which is a shame really.
2 passes WTG & ATG with a little touch up here and there.
I know he is the new kid on the block, however, i am trying to be honest and say i think he is winning in the shaving battle, definitely a touch more efficient and just as comfortable, taming the Feather PB as well as the Vector.
As the week goes on i will keep you posted on how i'm getting on.
BBS, comfortable and smelling good.
Have a great day All.

Back
Top Bottom