SOTD : Saturday 12th October - Friday 18th October 2019.

13/10/19
Pre: Pears Transparent Original
Brush: Yaqi Sagrada Familia 24mm
Soap: Stirling Soap Co. Stirling Spice
Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Feather PB (4)
Post shave: Alum Block, cold water splash, Homemade Witch Hazel
Balm: Tabac
Aftershave: Old Spice Original

2 Sun.JPG

A great shave today with the Vector 2 passes and a bit buffing for a super smooth face feeler.
Although i am only 4 shaves in with the New General I think he may be a little more efficient than the Vector but just as smooth.
The Vectors Handle is a little longer and i do get a beautifully comfortable close shave from her.
The Generals handle is shorter and tapered and i think anyone would find their sweet spot to hold it, the head is a bit larger but works very well, the only issue i have is the keyhole in the base could be at a better tolerance although the Top cap blade pins and base seats hold everything very firmly.
At present i could not chose.

Feeling and smelling good and ready for my visit with the Mothership.
Have a great Sunday All

Sun 13th Oct.

Cyril Salter/ Maseto ED 2band
Faena Sandalwood
Occams Oren V2 / No 3 plate
Feather Proguard [ 2 ]
Jaguar Prestige A/S Lotion

I am finding the odd looking Occams Oren to be a great little Razor [ for me anyway], and when working with a great lather from the Faena I had no problem getting what only be described as a "Face Stroking " finish. I certainly do not regret this rather off the cuff purchase, as when I want a Special Occasion Shave it is the Orens I may well reach for, rather than previous contenders for that role.

IMG_0163.jpg

12.x.2019

Prebarba Proraso
Semogue Protótipo "Barril"
Beard Club Sapone Vegetale
Gillette British Aristocrat #22
Derby Premium

36972659jj.jpg

13 October

Martin de Candre Original
Yaqi Moka Express Mew Brown
Razorock Game Changer .84-P
Feather Hi-stainless
Clinique post-shave soother

8CC3172A-BE5B-43C5-B45A-F5665AB8FBFB.jpeg

A very pleasant and close two pass shave this morning. The Yaqi brush created a first rate lather with the MdC soap. It is a brush with exceptionally soft and flexible tips and it's larger handle was good for my grip. The Feather blade in the Game Changer has settled, after two shaves, to comfortable but still sharp. A good start to Sunday.

Sotd-13-10.jpg

Sotd - Sunday the 13th of October.

Razor - Parker Variant (2)
blade - Permasharp Super (1)
brush - Maseto silver tip
soap - Razorock 'Puros' - vegetarian
post - witch hazel
a/s - Extro - 'Tabacco'
balm - none needed
scent - Creed - 'Tabarome' edp.

Result - all good.

A long overdue clean up - I determined to use stuff that hadn't been on the top deck for a while - the shave was all the better for it. The Variant razor is a big hefty thing - build quality way beyond the price point - I feel bad for neglecting it - possibly this is because I got a Mergress shortly after it arrived. I enjoyed that - have a good week and excellent shaves - yours - I.

Last edited:
IMG_20191013_160433__01__01.jpg

Game Changer OC
Polsilver
Maggards SHD
Saponificio Varesino Dolomiti
Myrsol Emulsion

Shave report: Just what the Doctor ordered.

First shave for 7 days! :eek:. "Battling" through a dose of Man Flu at the moment...

First shave using the Game Changer OC base plate. It was exactly the right tool for the job. It went through 7 days of stubble like a warm knife through butter, no exaggeration. Extremely smooth and very efficient.

Not perfect conditions, 7 days of stubble and struggling through Man Flu but I'm very impressed so far.

Have a good week Gents.

Cheers
Rob

View attachment 48214

Sotd - Sunday the 13th of October.

Razor - Parker Variant (2)
blade - Permasharp Super (1)
brush - Maseto silver tip
soap - Razorock 'Puros' - vegetarian
post - witch hazel
a/s - Extro - 'Tabacco'
blam - none needed
scent - Creed - 'Tabarome' edp.

Result - all good.

A long overdue clean up - I determined to use stuff that hadn't been on the top deck for a while - the shave was all the better for it. The Variant razor is a big hefty thing - build quality way beyond the price point - I feel bad for neglecting it - possibly this is because I got a Mergress shortly after it arrived. I enjoyed that - have a good week and excellent shaves - yours - I.
That's a great den you've got there!

13/10/19

Brush - Yaqi Fan Tux
Soap - Lea Cream
Razor - Ball End Tech
Blade - Vosk (1)
Post - Witch Hazel/Nivea Cooling Kick balm
AS - Brut Oceans

Yesterday's Vosk was a duff one, today's one was a good one, as smooth as silk. Not the best lather, didn't use enough cream but it was slick enough to see the shave through without any issues. I'm coming to the end of the Lea Cream tube and I'm unsure whether to replace it when it's finished. It produces a decent enough lather, and as much as I've enjoyed using it intermittently I never quite enjoyed it enough to use it on a regular basis so I probably won't get another tube.

Anyway chaps, I hope you enjoy the rest of your Sunday.

Sunday 13th October

Vitos Pre Shave Cream
Wickham 1912 Classic 24 Shaving Soap
Vulfix 'The Mayfair' Badger Brush
Kai Captain with a Proline P
Witch Hazel
Quorum AS
MWF Moisturiser

Dog agility today....and I slept in. The consequential late afternoon shave was just lovely. 2 passes for a great smooth and close finish:)

Back
Top Bottom