SOTD : Saturday 12th June to Friday 18th June 2021.

I’m still in love with the looks of this razor :love: No close seconds. The shave is very nice, too :giggle:

The choice of After Shave is a tip of the hat to two master Old Spice enablers - @Primotenore and @DaltonGang

Hot water preparation
Argan Oil PSO
Romera Wengue Chubby Manchurian Badger
Castle Forbes 1445 Shaving Cream
John & William Ragg Napoleon 6/8
Old Spice After Shave

E58BF506-F4CD-4DCF-87B4-61D248760B4B.jpeg

Happy shaving - Karl

Wed 16 SE SOTD
Soap Shannon's Soaps Barbershop Sample
Brush Yaqi 24mm Husky Knot New 1st Use
Razor Yaqi AC Brass
Blade Feather ProGuard 20th Use
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Stirling Witchhazel Wintergreen + Hyaluronic + Clubman Brandy Spice
This soap is my best barbershop scent and the lather is nicely creamy and very slick too...top quality & great price!
Shave with razor paired with the well-used blade is another nice smooth comfortable efficient 3passes for a mostly bbs finish. Aftershaves were awesome!
20210616_123845.jpg

132041574_1215467185600656_5283174179608749600_n (1).jpg
Prep: Shower, Palmolive Olive Oil Soap, 4711 shower gel
Soap: TDS Lilac Notes
Brush: 24mm Yaqi Aqua Beaux Silvertip Premium synthetic
Razor: Merkur 34C HD
Blade: Voskhod (1)

Today was all about restoring my faith in Voskhods after a couple of days running one - unsuccessfully - through the Edward X Jacob head. It slotted majestically into the Merkur, and the lather produced by the TDS and new Yaqi Silvertip Premium Synthetic was second to none. DFS with no issues, and smelling great :giggle:

Wednesday 16th June
Alpha Outlaw - Monsavon au lait - General Aluminium - Schick Proline P #5 - Cien X-Bolt A/S - Aloe Vera Gel
pQw6Y8E.jpg

Todays Cold Water Shave Kit - Wednesday 16th June 2021

Shave Score 9.80/10.0

PreShave: Hot Shower
PreShave: PAA The Cube 2.0 "Menthol"
Soap: Heritage Hill - Continental (Tangerine & Menthol)
Brush: Yaqi 24mm - Purple Haze
Razor: RR GameChanger .84 SB
Blade: Derby Extra (2) - Courtesy of @Boycie83
Post Shave ASL: RR - Saturnia
Post Shave Balm: Baxters Balm
Post Shave Cologne: Geoffrey Beene - Bowling Green

Theme of today, with Icy cold water in the basin, PAA Menthol Cube & Tangerine & Menthol soap, was cold, damm cold. Just how I like it :)

2nd outing on the Derby today and literally cant fault it, once again an effortless FF/BBS shave.
To be fair I have only tried this blade in my RR GameChanger .84 SB, not sure how they would perform in my Aluminium Lupo .72 or the Merkur Progress.

Have a good day all.

p.s gonna see if RR do a Saturnia cologne, I adore the scent from this one.

Joe

IMG_1132.jpeg

Wednesday

Brush - Yaqi Plissoft 24mm
Soap - Palmolive Stick
Razor - Souplex Bakelite
Blade - Gillette Minora Stainless (1)
Post - Lea 0%
AS - Brut Oceans

I gave into @SpeedyPC's badgering and got around to using one of the new Minora Stainless blades Paul @pjgh sent me a while back. There is some discussion to whether this new blade is or is not the same blade as Gillette Red Stainless which has been discontinued, I'm yet to use one of those so I can't make the comparison.

The blade is supposed to be one of the sharper PPI blades so I paired the blade with one of my mildest razor heads, but I've found the Souplex Bakelite with the right angle and a sharp blade can produce very smooth and comfortable shaves.

Started the shave with a Palmolive stick and Yaqi Plissoft, two things I know really well to get a consistent lather each time so I'd be able to judge the blade as best as possible for it's first shave.

Now onto the shave... Within the first stroke, it is very apparent this is a very sharp blade, almost close to a Feather I'd say. However, the Minora Stainless is smoother than the Feather, it’s difficult to make a comparison but I think it performed quite a bit like the Nacet, but I will make a full assessment when I have used the blade for a few more shaves.

I usually do 2 passes, but did a third pass today and I was surprised for the 3rd pass there was almost nothing left on my neck, which is usually a difficult part of my shave to achieve close results.

I finished the shave with Lea 0%, which is a nice post shave product for the hot months and Brut Oceans splash, and there wasn't much post shave alcohol burn which is generally a sign the shave was a good one.

Anyway chaps, I hope you have a good day and enjoy the sunshine.

Wednesday

Brush - Yaqi Plissoft 24mm
Soap - Palmolive Stick
Razor - Souplex Bakelite
Blade - Gillette Minora Stainless (1)
Post - Lea 0%
AS - Brut Oceans

I gave into @SpeedyPC's badgering and got around to using one of the new Minora Stainless blades Paul @pjgh sent me a while back. There is some discussion to whether this new blade is or is not the same blade as Gillette Red Stainless which has been discontinued, I'm yet to use one of those so I can't make the comparison.

The blade is supposed to be one of the sharper PPI blades so I paired the blade with one of my mildest razor heads, but I've found the Souplex Bakelite with the right angle and a sharp blade can produce very smooth and comfortable shaves.

Started the shave with a Palmolive stick and Yaqi Plissoft, two things I know really well to get a consistent lather each time so I'd be able to judge the blade as best as possible for it's first shave.

Now onto the shave... Within the first stroke, it is very apparent this is a very sharp blade, almost close to a Feather I'd say. However, the Minora Stainless is smoother than the Feather, it’s difficult to make a comparison but I think it performed quite a bit like the Nacet, but I will make a full assessment when I have used the blade for a few more shaves.

I usually do 2 passes, but did a third pass today and I was surprised for the 3rd pass there was almost nothing left on my neck, which is usually a difficult part of my shave to achieve close results.

I finished the shave with Lea 0%, which is a nice post shave product for the hot months and Brut Oceans splash, and there wasn't much post shave alcohol burn which is generally a sign the shave was a good one.

Anyway chaps, I hope you have a good day and enjoy the sunshine.
giphy.gif

Back
Top Bottom