SOTD: Saturday 12 August - Friday 18 August 2023.

Razor = Rockwell 6s ( R3 )
Blade = Brazilian Wilko ( 2 )
Brush = 26mm High Mountain Badger By Bobby Moffat.
Cream = The Body Shop Maca Root & Aloe
with matching balm.
Splash = The Body Shop Activist EDT.
IMG_2037.jpeg
A thoroughly enjoyable 3 pass shave with the underrated Body Shop Cream.
This is one of these soaps i take everywhere with me.
I don’t care if it goes missing,
Cheap, Cheerful & a great product
Enjoy your weekend lads & lassies

SOTD: 18/08/2023

Razor: Schick Injector I2 Eversharp Hydromagic
Blade: Schick Injector, 1st use
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T3
Bowl: Muhle Bowl
Preshave: Proraso Crema Pre Barba con Olio Di Sandalo Cream
Soap: Tabac Original Puck
Balm: Nishman 2in1 Cream And Cologne Balm
Additional Care: Osma Alum
Additional Care: Cold Water

Today the first use of the Schick Hydromagic: it got me comfortably smooth in three passes and performed really well. Still need some more routine with it though. Have a nice day gents.

Friday 18 August
Today, Ever Ready 1912, their deluxe gold plated model. This one came in its cigarette style case and has stood the test of time quite well. Some plate loss on the top flap but plating looks like new on handle and lower plate. The GEM had been used but not sure for how many shaves.
I really must get a grip on the re-use of pre-used blades, not literally of course :ROFLMAO: . Even blades hardly used do dull if left for an unknown period. This GEM was probably one of them. A lot of noise from the blade but not great efficiency so pick ups took a while before I got an acceptable finish.
Crabtree & Evelyn and Evans (sounds like a firm of solicitors) mini brush performed admirably. Smooth and creamy, no irritation even after all the pick up work.
Have an enjoyable day fellas! Hope you’ve got better weather than here “dan sarf”

IMG_0237.jpeg

18/08/23
Pre - Droyt's Classic Glycerose Soap
Brush - Simpson Commodore X1 Best Badger
Soap - Ariana & Evans Pamplemousse
Razor - Yaqi Katana V1 SE in Space Chrome
Blade - Perma-Sharp Half Blade
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Ben Nevis - Amber & Moroccan Jasmine
A/S - Avon Wild country
Wk 33 (7).jpg
I find the little Katana a crackin razor.
Smooth and comfortable in 3 passes.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all

Friday 18th August
Ever Ready 1924 - GEM Stainless Coated #10 - Jayaruh 289 - OSP Orange & Patchouli - Brut Original AS - Aloe Vera Gel
IMG-20230816-205415-01.jpg

fd3d150d-d0ce-4398-8594-6034e35fb21d-jpg.1704243

It's still Tiger Week in the other forum, so I moved it to my Baili TTO to get an idea of how it does there. I'm decently happy with it, but I may still be hunting for angles on that razor, and the shave wasn't as close as I think it could have been. Plenty smooth and comfortable, but an hour later I'm feeling a tad more proto-stubble than I would like. I'll move it to a more aggressive razor tomorrow. Trade Winds was maybe a touch more subtly scented than I would have liked, but it was a nice though hard to describe scent. The lather was superb ... easy to create and rich and wet and thick. I finished off with Lustray Blue Spice, and I left the shave den smiling.

IMG_2541.jpeg

Razor: Feather Artist Club SS Scotch Wood Folding
Blade: Schick Proline
Brush: Rudy Vey Bog Oak STF 23mm
Pre-Shave: Lacura Moisturising Face Wash
Lather: Pre de Provence 63
Aftershave: Paco Rabanne Pour Homme
Additional Care: Bart’s Ben Vrackie (Unscented)
Additional Care: Paco Rabanne Pour Homme AS
Fragrance: Paco Rabanne Pour Homme EDT

Friday 18th August

AIL4fc-_wbQVDk-KnrsIZPPKjAhj3_eGihqtkPnfFH_HcMslAx_wr6_ENWmNEufSWsuhDKvwULhrdAtgZijD9j7ngmB1GN4jFTxc7-w-Dc449OJnwsQxn67VMbp8gSZKf19YuBUb4HODnDEWEYYWBtj_2lmF8w=w800

Tabac (Veg) Shaving Soap & Omega 11137 Pure Bristle
Muhle Rocca Jet & Treet Classic (Carbon (1)
Jovan Musk Aftershave Cologne

Thoroughly enjoying a return to Treet blades after my recent infatuation with Lord. Over the last few days, I've run a Treet DuraSharp through my stainless Muhle Rocca and tonight, switched to the Jet variant for a fresh blade: the Treet Classic.

What a great shave! The Treet Classic is right at home in the Rocca. My kinda shave, that ...

Over the weekend, I'm going to run the same drill but vary the aftershave, taking in the Coty Musk tomorrow (everything that Jovan Musk really should be) and Avon Musk on Sunday.

IMG_2589.jpeg
SOTD: 17/08/2023

Razor: Yaqi Slope
Blade: Voskhod Teflon Coated, 3rd use
Brush: Knothead Brush Works 26mm AP Shave Co. Synbad
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: Bart’s Balms Lochnagar Oil
Soap: A&E Vida Puck
Aftershave: A&E Vida Aftershave
Balm: The Inkey List Vitamin B, C And E Moisturiser Balm

IMG_2609.jpeg
SOTD: 18/08/2023

Razor: Yaqi Slope
Blade: Feather Hi-Stainless , 2nd use
Brush: Yaqi Napoli
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: Murphy & Mcneil Cat Sidhe Puck
Balm: The Inkey List Vitamin B, C And E Moisturiser Balm
Fragrance: Maison Alhambra Porto Neroli EdP

The Yaqi Slope is an interesting razor that I think I’m getting to grips with, so today I tried it with a Feather blade. It’s strangely produced a smoother result but only marginally closer. I like it but I’m not sure it is a style of razor I need anymore than a well made classic DE. That said you know what I’m like and I’ll probably end up with one at some point!

From my side it only takes me to say, 'And for my final entry for this past week of SOTD's I annoy you all immensely with my shave themed, 'Double the garbage'

This is not just my shave for this evening but a 2 4 1 effort including last night's frolicking by the sink. I had every intention of writing yesterday but unfortunately for me, and fortunately for you I spent a night tugging instead.

Thursday

20230816_211337.jpg

Trash - Occams Enoch
Rubbish - Feather Super Professional
Rotting - AP Shaving 24mm Cashmere
Binned - Signature Soaps Condate
Filth - Collagen
'Razor blades. Razor blades. Razor blades. And........more fucking razor blades'

A polar opposite shave to the Feather of the past couple of days. The Enoch proving that after the super smooth, super soft approach of the latest shaving toy, there is space in this world for down right nasty. But nasty in a very controllable, very comfortable and very efficient manner. And it still remains the quickest razor in the cabinet. A super effort and a stupendously super shave. One does need to be smooth for pulling duties.

A double header shave with a double dose of those Puffyshoes. Are you just not so lucky?

Friday

20230818_173214.jpg
Tatty - Tatara Nodachi
Flotsam - Feather
Debris - Highlander LFC
Dross - Captain Fawcett's scarpicchio
Waste - Trufitt and Hill Grafton balm
'Litter. Razor blades'

I usually consider the Nodachi as being the milder side of aggressive, but for some reason this evening it presented itself on the angry side of aggressive. A lively little fella if ever. One nick but more gross stupidity than anything, but I do stupid regularly in life. A few stealth weepers in to the bargain and altogether a bit of a minor bloodfest. But hey, not everything is perfection all the time. Mrs Satanfriendly reckons perfection is a non entity in my case. I think I am just an entity.

At the end of it all a shave of forms and at least I can say I a long way from evil beardom.

Have a smashing weekend you perfect people and it only takes me to say 'I love you all' and for those Puffyshoes to say it in song

Back
Top Bottom