SOTD: Saturday 12 August - Friday 18 August 2023.

PXL_20230818_193137524~2.jpg
second time using this new qshave futur clone. it was £5 delivered on AliExpress so I couldn't resist and I'd say it was a bargain.

first shave it was slightly uneven but I read about unscrewing it and flipping round the little platform that holds the blade and gets pushed up by the spring. the razor was much more even on the second shave but the Tiger blade was not. First time using one and this particular one was definitely a dud. one side of the blade was way duller and barely cut anything. I tried it in a tech and it was the same, one side not cutting, so definitely not the razor being uneven. I have one more to try but I think these are way too mild and not for me.

also finished a bottle of bond speedmaster which I liked better than the bond fresh since it was less tacky without the aloe vera. the scent was nicer too. I would try more of the different bond aftershaves in future.

overall a very mild head shave that knocked off most of the growth with no irritation but no where near smooth.

Today’s shave was a bit disappointing to start with, I attempted to shave with my new Dovo Bergischer Lowe but soon found out it’s going to need a hone before being shave ready, another opportunity to educate myself!
So used my Dovo “Best Quality” and had a great shave, I feel this razor gets better the more I use it. The Simpson brush and Proraso felt lovely and produced a great lather. All in all a good experience.

Attachments

• IMG_7115.jpeg
    IMG_7115.jpeg
    94.1 KB · Views: 5
IMG_2617.jpeg
SOTD: 19/08/2023

Razor: Yaqi Slope
Blade: Feather Hi-Stainless , 3rd use
Brush: Highlander Chubby Style Boti Fan Knot Synthetic
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: HC&C/Pasteur’s Pharmacy Empire State Of Mind Puck
Balm: The Inkey List Vitamin B, C And E Moisturiser Balm
Fragrance: Lattafa Asad EdC

A great final use of the Yaqi Slope, while I felt my first use of a slant razor unusual it was an enjoyable experience and never gave less than a DFS. Many thanks for the kind loan.
IMG_2626.jpeg
SOTD: 20/08/2023

Razor: Henson AL13 +++
Blade: Astra SP, 1st use
Brush: Highlander “Azzuri” Custom Brush Boti 4th Gen Pink 3 Color Synthetic Knot
Soap: PAA Future Fiction Croap
Aftershave: PAA Future Fiction Cologne
Fragrance: PAA Future Fiction EdT

An interesting first shave with the Henson, I think I was expecting more having enjoyed the standard version, I’m hoping it grows on me! I found as with the mild version, it nigh on impossible to nick myself or go wrong with it, and in places found BBS with ease, however then in other places particularly my neck either side of the Adam’s apple it wasn’t aggressive enough and I/it seemed to miss them. Writing up later in the day from my shave certain areas do feel a little raw and again others fine. I’m hoping it’s just one of those I’m going to have to try and get used to!

View attachment 110299
SOTD: 19/08/2023

Razor: Yaqi Slope
Blade: Feather Hi-Stainless , 3rd use
Brush: Highlander Chubby Style Boti Fan Knot Synthetic
Soap: HC&C/Pasteur’s Pharmacy Empire State Of Mind Puck
Fragrance: Lattafa Asad EdC

A great final use of the Yaqi Slope, while I felt my first use of a slant razor unusual it was an enjoyable experience and never gave less than a DFS. Many thanks for the kind loan.
View attachment 110300
SOTD: 20/08/2023

Razor: Henson AL13 +++
Blade: Astra SP, 1st use
Brush: Highlander “Azzuri” Custom Brush Boti 4th Gen Pink 3 Color Synthetic Knot
Soap: PAA Future Fiction Croap
Aftershave: PAA Future Fiction Cologne
Fragrance: PAA Future Fiction EdT

An interesting first shave with the Henson, I think I was expecting more having enjoyed the standard version, I’m hoping it grows on me! I found as with the mild version, it nigh on impossible to nick myself or go wrong with it, and in places found BBS with ease, however then in other places particularly my neck either side of the Adam’s apple it wasn’t aggressive enough and I/it seemed to miss them. Writing up later in the day from my shave certain areas do feel a little raw and again others fine. I’m hoping it’s just one of those I’m going to have to try and get used to!
Ps wrong week @LeeMaz sorry.

Back
Top Bottom