SOTD : Saturday 11th July - Friday 17th July 2020

One super duper close shave all round and I am very pleased I managed to get one step closer to straight razors and still have a face left. The ladies were so impressed they queued up to see if they measured up to me.

Pleased to hear it went so well! Due to the number of ladies waiting to be measured up I dozed off on the sofa while waiting for the post to appear....reawakening at 03.30 by which time you were probably engaged in your 'afore mentioned. activities!

Since @culcreuch has already arrived at this point without reading any of the aforementioned trash I dedicate this song to him and in a very fitting manner I give you the appropriately named and legendary 'Shonen Knife'

Thankyou for the dedication........but I did (of course) read the post in 'time order'

50107652231_3efe573e16_z.jpg

13/7/20

Brush - Omega 10075
Soap - Palmolive Menthol Cream
Razor - Ball End Tech
Blade - Lancet Super Platinum (6)
Post - Witch Hazel
AS - Denim Original Splash

A really delightful shave today. The LSP takes a few shaves to get to it's best and today it was as smooth as can be with great results, a very close and comfortable shave.

I'm liking the Denim Original splash well, it's a classic barbershop style scent.

Anyway chaps, have a good start to the week.

13/07/20
Cold Water Shave
Brush: Simpson Duke 3 Best Badger
Soap: 1912 Classic 24
Razor: Blackland Blackbird SB
Blade: Rapira Swedish Supersteel (4)
Post shave: Cold water splash, Homemade Witch Hazel
Balm: Barts Balm Cinnamon & Patchouli Balm & Lotion
Aftershave: CK One
P7130019.JPG
A very rare post shave photo, however, it had to be done.
I had a wonderful shave today, i put the Rapira (4th outing) blade back in the Blackbird and had probably the best most comfortable shave so far with this razor.
I started the lather off in the new copper bowl and finished on the face. I find doing this evens out the lather in the brush, you can always revisit the bowl between each pass. I always have a bit left over.
3 passes for a real face stroker.
Stay safe and enjoy your day All
Update:-
Thank you to a very generous @BrianH for a fantastic service and the postie for putting an even wider smile on the face strokingly smooth face.

P7130022.JPG

Mondays Shave

Preshave: African Black Soap
Razor: Yaht Russian 5/8 Straight
Brush: AP Shave 24mm Synbad
Shaving Soap/Cream: Signature Soaps Britannia
Splash: Speick Active
Aftershave Balm: Bart's Lime
EDT: Profumo di Firenze

View attachment 57068

Lovely choice of Scent Russ. One of the best citrus summer scents out there.

Agoraphobia - noun - 'is an anxiety disorder characterized by symptoms of anxiety in situations where the person perceives their environment to be unsafe with no easy way to escape. These situations can include open spaces, public transport, shopping centres, or simply being outside their home.'

I probably need to go back to work next week - which - on one hand - is a good thing - my bank account currently resembles the wreck of the Hesperus - there you go - how often is Longfellow referenced in a sotd post? I'm quite proud of that. But - note to self - don't start a sentence with but - shoddy grammar - I'm terrified - don't mind admitting it - I think I have survived the last 100 odd days in lock down - by adopting - pretty much - a monastic way of life. I'm going to have to leave the cloister next week. F**k. Take care all - I.

If I'm to speculate I imagine the lockdown may have had siginificant impacts on the mental healths for many, especially for those who have issues with anxiety, and I'd include myself as such a person. Leaving the lockdown will be a testing time for many as it'll require going against many of the intuitions spent the last few months developing and I imagine like myself there will be many who will be a little cautious and wary for returning back into the fold.

Good luck with having to leave the house and getting back to normality.

Date:- 13 July 2020

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Yaqi Sagrada Familia Tuxedo Synth. 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Declaration Grooming ~ Taum Sauk (Limited Edition)
Razor/Blade:- Karve CB Matte SS 'SB-D' / Polsilver SI #10
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20 drops) & Tea Tree Antiseptic (10) / The Stray Whisker Aftershave Balm (Australian made)
Tonight Tipple:- Balvenie Doublewood 17yrs old

Book 15 of 21.
19074088.jpg

Monday MacaRoot 13 SOTD
Cream MacaRoot & Aloe
Bowl Timeless
Brush Yaqi 24mm Aqua Tuxedo
Razor Edwin Jagger DE89L
Blade SuperMax Platinum Plus 1st
Post & Aftershave
Ice Water + Special Thayers Mix
Hyaluronic + MacaRoot Aloe Gel
Good lather result from brush and bowl with nice scent. Slickness acceptable.
Shave with evergreen razor paired with blade (used to be a fav) not so smooth nor comfortable...nor sharp. However, no weepers creepers nor irritation after 3 multiple passes. DFS++ Icy water rinse followed by Thayers then Hyaluronic and MacaRoot felt good. Rating 8.5/10
20200712_233454.jpg
20200713_073312.jpg
I always love your photos, Chard, but I always find myself wanting a Mr Whippy ice cream cone after viewing :unsure:
Thanks for your kind words. Specially for you this cone @Greybeard...get an icecream ya..hahahaha

13/07/20
Cold Water Shave
Brush: Simpson Duke 3 Best Badger
Soap: 1912 Classic 24
Razor: Blackland Blackbird SB
Blade: Rapira Swedish Supersteel (4)
Post shave: Cold water splash, Homemade Witch Hazel
Balm: Barts Balm Cinnamon & Patchouli Balm & Lotion
Aftershave: CK One
View attachment 57070
A very rare post shave photo, however, it had to be done.
I had a wonderful shave today, i put the Rapira (4th outing) blade back in the Blackbird and had probably the best most comfortable shave so far with this razor.
I started the lather off in the new copper bowl and finished on the face. I find doing this evens out the lather in the brush, you can always revisit the bowl between each pass. I always have a bit left over.
3 passes for a real face stroker.
Stay safe and enjoy your day All
Update:-
Thank you to a very generous @BrianH for a fantastic service and the postie for putting an even wider smile on the face strokingly smooth face.

View attachment 57071
Was going to say 6 pack is more desirable than 5 pack but that would spoil the surprise

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom