ASL: Layrite No.9 Bay Rum

17/05/19

GC, StirBR,YaqiMS,DRH.JPG

Pre shave Prep: Pears Original Transparent
Brush: Yaki Mysterious space 24mm
Soap: Stirling Bay Rum
Razor: Game Changer 0.84
Blade: Kai Stainless Steel (3)
Post shave: Alum Block, cold water splash.
Balm: Proraso Red post shave
A/S: DR Harris Bay Rum

A DFS for an Early Friday afternoon.
Everything performed well without issue. 2 passes and touch up again with 3 full face lathers, why? because i can.
The Bay Rum soap is probably the best/highest scent content of any soap i have, it matches up with the DR Harris Bay Rum fantasticlly well.
BBS to the touch feeling very comfortable and smelling great.
Have an Enjoyable Friday PM all.

Friday 17th May

Cold Water Shave
Heno de Pravia Glycerine Soap
Proraso Green Pre Shave
Proraso Green Shaving Cream
Yaqi Synthetic Brush
Turkish Copper Bowl
ZY Shavette with an Antelope Super 77 Blade
Nivea 2 Phase AS

A later shave as I am on night shift, and it gave me a chance to use my new arrival from Aliexpress. The Super77 blades are longer and narrower than a standard DE and when 1 edge is past its best the blade can be reversed to use the fresh one. Certainly not as sharp as a feather....but definitely fit for purpose with no nasty sharp corners to ruin the day!
3 passes for a lovely smooth finish:)

17/5/19

Pre - Soap Free Face Wash
Soap - 3P
Brush - Omega 80265
Razor - Ball End Tech
Blade - Personna Platinum Chrome (2)
Post - Witch Hazel/Nivea Cooling
AS - Benjamin's Bay Rum Mentholated

The last few times I've used 3P it hasn't quite sat very well on the face, I'm not entirely sure for why as it's a soap I've used for a while. I'm unsure to whether I am more aware in noticing whether I have a mild allergy to the soap or whether I have developed it recently. The lather itself wasn't a great one today, not enough soap and too much water and I picked up a weeper along the way. The Personna PC is a good blade, but I seem to pick up more weepers with than any others I've used, possibly down to the blade being a little sharper than I expected - in my mind I have expectations it's a blade much like a Astra SP but the reality is it's probably a bit sharper!

17/05/19

View attachment 43870

Pre shave Prep: Pears Original Transparent
Brush: Yaki Mysterious space 24mm
Soap: Stirling Bay Rum
Razor: Game Changer 0.84
Blade: Kai Stainless Steel (3)
Post shave: Alum Block, cold water splash.
Balm: Proraso Red post shave
A/S: DR Harris Bay Rum

A DFS for an Early Friday afternoon.
Everything performed well without issue. 2 passes and touch up again with 3 full face lathers, why? because i can.
The Bay Rum soap is probably the best/highest scent content of any soap i have, it matches up with the DR Harris Bay Rum fantasticlly well.
BBS to the touch feeling very comfortable and smelling great.
Have an Enjoyable Friday PM all.
My Game Changer is now ordered courtesy of Shavelounge. Is it sad I'm so excited about a razor?

Fri 17th May
RazoRock Syn. 22mm
Vitos Super Red
Merkur Progress LH.
Lab Blue ( 4 )
Massimo Dutti A/S lotion

As a change today I used a DE,in order to keep my hand in.I chose the Vitos as it never fails to deliver a good Lather for Shaving. The Shave was very smooth and without any problems a good close finish was attained. Really pleasing to get such a good Shave as I find DE Razors less forgiving than SE/Injectors.

IMG_0496.jpg

Friday AM 2019-05-17

Moss Anniversary Slate scuttle
Rooney Emillion 1 Porcelain Finest (24/51)
Ralph Lauren Safari shaving soap (tallow)
Raw Shaving RS-10/UFO U2
Wilkinson 'Light Brigade' (20)
Ralph Lauren Safari aftershave & balm (vintage)
hinPxZa.jpg
That is, in my opinion, the SOTD. I can only imagine. Fantastic.

Back
Top Bottom