Hi! Shave #37:
aOzB8fF.jpg

Pre: handmade olive oil soap.
Lather: Stirling Electric Sheep.
Brush: RazoRock 400.
Razor: BB Black Oxide + OC polished.
Blade: Voshkod (#3).

Take care and have a nice day!

Hi Shubs, it is good, a better size loft that the O49, yes it is s good brush and inexpensive too! :)

Paul

Pleased to hear you are enjoying using.

Omega do not really produce many new boars, (even via a 3rd party) but it's good to see they have a successful new release on their hands.

It's always difficult to gauge an impression but I think a few more shavers are either discovering boar brushes or are returning to them.

B&M ‘Leviathan’
AP Shave Co 24mm Synbad
TR Cadman 5/8ths ‘Bengall’
Argan Oil

Brought out the straight and all was going swimmingly until an upstroke on the neck when I jagged producing a thin line that was quickly dealt with the alum that will show for the next two days! Slightly out of practice, must shave more often with my straights not once a month. Otherwise a smooth result, have a pleasant weekend folks.

Pleased to hear you are enjoying using.

Omega do not really produce many new boars, (even via a 3rd party) but it's good to see they have a successful new release on their hands.

It's always difficult to gauge an impression but I think a few more shavers are either discovering boar brushes or are returning to them.
For me it's a return to boar's, I always had boar's but then got swept away by badgers but I can see the value of a boar brush more now.
I have enough badger brushes to keep me happy for a change of brush but am now looking forward to receiving my unbleached boar bristle brush, the journey continues.

Paul.

Last edited:
Prep: Palmolive Olive Oil Soap
Soap: TFS Professional
Brush: 24mm Yaqi Sagrada Familia
Blade: Gillette Nacet (2)

No photo as I'm rushing to get out of the house - an actual trip to the pub with friends for the first time this year :love: Ace shave to end the 8 days of Bartmas - the Nacet felt sharper today but still smoother than a lot of other stainless blades I've tried. I've had fun trialing all of the new Bart scents, but I'm also looking forward to reintroducing some variety next week! Have a great weekend guys.(y)

For me it's a return to boar's, I always had boar's but then got swept away by badgers but I can see the value of a boar brush more now.
I have enough badger brushes to keep me happy for a change of brush but am now looking forward to receiving my unbleached boar bristle brush, the journey continues.

Paul.

The journey to find out what works and what doesn't work, is the most enjoyable part of this hobby. IMO, variety and contrasting items (eg one day Arko, the next day Pannacrema)

I think you'll really like the unbleached Zenith.

10/7/21

Brush - Yaqi Plissoft 22mm
Soap - Speick Shaving Stick
Razor - Yaqi DOC
Blade - Gillette Minora Stainless (15)
Post - Witch Hazel/Barts Balm G
AS - Benjamins Bay Rum w/Menthol

I'm really impressed with the Minora Stainless. 15 shaves in and it's still performing superbly.

The journey to find out what works and what doesn't work, is the most enjoyable part of this hobby. IMO, variety and contrasting items (eg one day Arko, the next day Pannacrema)

I think you'll really like the unbleached Zenith.

10/7/21

Brush - Yaqi Plissoft 22mm
Soap - Speick Shaving Stick
Razor - Yaqi DOC
Blade - Gillette Minora Stainless (15)
Post - Witch Hazel/Barts Balm G
AS - Benjamins Bay Rum w/Menthol

I'm really impressed with the Minora Stainless. 15 shaves in and it's still performing superbly.
It is indeed one of the most enjoyable parts of this journey along with getting to know some of the lovely people on TSR. :)

Paul.

Saturday, 10 July

PreShave: Warm to hot water—most from the boiled kettle, some from the tap
Cream: GFT Eucris
Brush: Kent BK8
Bowl: My recycled T&H cream bowl
Razor: Merkur 39C
Blade Astra sp (1)
Post Shave: Alum

Fragrance: Eucrus

My Saturday setup with an Astra for this week’s blade. Another smooth, three-pass shave. Have a good start to the weekend folks.

Back
Top Bottom