SOTD : Saturday 09th May - Friday 15th May 2020

tdNO69j.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Alt Innsbruck Emulsion
Brush: Savile Row 3824 Silvertip Badger
Soap: Wholly Kaw King of Oud
Razor: Merkur Futur (2)
Blade: Super Iridium BN-84 (1)
Scent: DR Harris Arlington EdC

Mining Camp on the edge of the Great Victoria Desert.
R/O water, which meant easy lathering, which is always a bonus.
Three passes for a DFS result.
It is a lonely existence at camps at the best of times, but social distancing takes it to a whole new level.

Sat Shave

RazoRock 400. SE-Plissoft noir
Arran Aromatics -Bay citrus
Occams Hiram /plate 3
Feather Proguard [ 8 ]
Grey Flannel

An excellent Shave today but rushed it a bit around the jawline, so the finish in that area was not up to scratch.I think another Shave can be coaxed out of the current blade.

IMG_0731.jpg

Date:- 10 May 2020

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- WCS Two-Tone Tall (Blue & White) Extra Dense Synth. 26/56mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Declaration Grooming ~ Orginal
Razor/Blade:- Karve CB Matte SS 'SB-D' / Polsilver SI #2
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20 drops) & Tea Tree Antiseptic (10)
Fragrance:- Burberry London for Men

SOTD : 10th May 2020.

10.JPG

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower /Original Source Cherry & Almond Shower Milk.

Pre:

Cold wet flannel to my face.

Pears ~ Transparent Soap Bar.

Brush: Chinese Unbranded Silvertip Fibre.

Face Lather.

Frankensoap : Dettol Original Anti Bacterial Soap + Wilkinson Sword Soap bowl.

Blade: Personna Gem Modified PTFE.(4)

Razor: Valet ~ Auto Strop VC1.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade peppermint eucalyptus, Tea Tree , lemon essential Oils + menthol crystals Witch Hazel Mixture./ Yelken ~ Lemon Eau DE Cologne.

Nivea Men ~ Sensitive Cooling PSB.

Greetings,

A relaxing early sunday morning cold water shave.

The valet VC1 is such a smooth non-aggressive, yet efficient SE razor fitted with the Gem PTFE blade is a wonderful combo.

After the close BBS shave i had yesterday with my assertive Gem Micromatic O.C. i only needed a 2 +pickup pass to make my face silky smooth again.

Finishing the shave off with a generous dollop of Nivea Men ~ Sensitive Cooling PSB.

My face is feeling super cool & smelling devine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy your Sunday Ladies & Gentlemen.:cool:

Last edited:
10/05/20

Razor: RazoRock Hawk V3
Blade: Schick Proline (9)
Brush: Oumo 24mm Fan Manchuria
Soap: ESC Fuar Ach Snog
Pre: Proraso Green
ASL: Floïd Vigaroso
ASB: Floïd

IMG_20200509_141543.jpg

Giving my face a rest from the A&E soaps today. The excellent ESC cream steps up to provide a lovely cooling shave.

A wonderful BBS finish today. I've had a few shaves with the Hawk V3 now and I think this is a really good SE razor. Similar to its older aluminium brother, it has performed on every occasion with no nicks/weepers and despite irritation from some soaps.

My attempt at photography for this SOTD has still fallen way short of @patw skills!

Last edited:
10/05/20
Pre: Shower
Brush: Vintage Vulfix service #3 1950's
Soap: OSP Spice Road
Razor: Blackland Blackbird OC
Blade: Platinum Lux (1)
Post shave: Cold water splash, TC's Bay Rum #1
Balm: Barts Balm Amber and Moroccan Jasmine Balm & Lotion
Aftershave: OSP Spice Road

Wk 20 (2).JPG
A very nice shave today, only the second use of the OC plate and it took a couple of strokes to find a nice angle to keep the shave comfortable.
A nice face lather today from the small Vintage Vulfix and the wonderful OSP soap.
There is a little bit of blade feel although nothing scary, the first pass really cleaned up and i thought i may have got away with a 2 pass shave, the second pass XTG gave a DFS+ finish and i completed a little buffing on the troublesome spots under the jawline and chin.
A very close BBS finish, without any indication it was too close, i got no indication from the post shave astringent splash, very much a plus point.
A lovely post shave with the Barts Balm and OSP splash.
I am really happy about that shave.
Stay Safe and enjoy your Sunday All.

Last edited:
Sunday

The Fat
PAA Atomic Rocket
Face lather
MÜHLE R41 on iKon OSS handle
Supermax Blue Diamond Titanium (1)
Thayer's Lavender and Aloe Vera
Fine American Blend after shave

Ye Fat delivered today. If water hardness is a lathering issue for this soap, then we're blessed with very soft water up here. Plenty of rich, slick lather to deal with the R41 head.

The Supermax felt a bit rough, compared to my recent blades (GSB, GWS, Med Prep and so on). It might take another shave or two to smooth out. That said, wrapping was good; paper and an inner wrapping that looked like waxed paper. No glue either (Feather, please note!). Still, a nice smooth result.
B4DB0740-3EA5-499D-A046-9F7AD37B920A.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom