Best Regards
Marco

Prep: Face wash with Nivea face wash
Pre: Executive Shaving - Pre shave Oil
Razor: Hone 15 - A
Blade: Personna Med Prep (2)
Brush: RazoRock Barber 24mm
S Soap: E&S Traditionnel - Oasis

Still changing the soap on a weekly basis....I'm now trying the E&S Traditionnel Oasis

Very eager to try out one of my recent BST purchases together with this month's razor, the aluminium Hone. Beautiful scent but it wasn't as easy to lather up (face lather). Having said that once lathered it resulted in a very compact lather providing lots of cushioning to the blade.
I don't know about the Hone.....there's something about this razor. It's my second week with it and continues to provide excellent results. However the blades (tried 4 so far) feel as if they've been subjected to a healthy dose of anaesthetic - very numb, lifeless. I know it is a mild razor and I used mild razors before but this one is different. It may be to do with the fact that is aluminium and the slight drag sensation on the skin....don't know.
You may find it in the BST at the end of the month....

Have a great week everyone!

View attachment 78254
I love my hone 15 and 15 a, but the 15a does take a little more getting used to. I get the ‘lifeless’ idea but find it’s an ideal auto pilot razor for quick shaves. If you want to add a little bite go for a super sharp feather blade. Perfect combo of ultra mild razor with silly sharp blade. It livens it up a tad! I do think the weight is it’s only issue, something the normal 15 doesn’t have to contend with. Can’t wait until the stainless steel version is available!

Sotd 12/10
Pre shave : PAA cube
Soap & splash : Master soap creations night on the town
Balm : arko unscented
Alum bloc
Bowl : Giles shaving co
Brush : alpha T-400
Razor : karve stainless D plate
Blade : Gillette platinum
Went for a 3 pass shave the night and decided to use Night on the town the scent is really nice and bang on I get Le male by jean paul gaultier the soap performed really well with a nice dense lather and great slickness and the consistency of the soap is perfect for bowl lathering the scent on the splash is really nice aswell all in a really good shave
20211012_211641.jpg20211012_211655.jpg20211012_211718.jpg20211012_211804.jpg20211012_211851.jpg20211012_211954.jpg20211012_212332.jpg20211012_212429.jpg20211012_214131.jpg

Wed 13 SOTD
Cream BS Maca Root & Aloe
Brush Yaqi 24mm Bali Silvertip - New & 1st Use
Razor Yaqi Dual Comb
Blade ShaverBoy Super Stainless - New & 1st Use
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel Wintergreen + BS MacaRoot Aloe AS Gel
One of my top shave creams! Awesome scent with a nice creamy and slick lather...the new Silvertip is a dream! Kitten-belly fur softness and the knot is huge...felt like a 26mm...
Had a good shave with the razor paired with this new but long-in-possession blade. The razor SB side is more aggressive than the OC side & 2 out of 3 passes were with the OC side. Turns out to be not as efficient but feels crisp, smooth, and comfortable. 3passes for a bbs/dfs result without issues. Aftershaves were awesome as well.
20211013_102537.jpg

245200326_156783833256385_2022825761598826157_n.jpg
Prep: Shower, Palmolive Olive Oil Soap
Pre: Proraso Green
Soap: Proraso Green
Brush: 24mm Yaqi Aqua Beaux Silvertip Premium synthetic
Razor: Merkur 34C HD
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (3)

First pass with the pre-shave was Nancy Kerrigan. Second pass with an under-soaked brush was Tonya Harding :oops: I'd forgotten how thirsty this brush can be, and soap struggled to give any slickness. Soon rectified, and and extra application of pre as post has left me with a face like an Arctic blast.

SOTD 13-Oct
DSC02415.jpg
Brush: C&H 'Strata Taper'
Soap: PAA Blue Samhain
Razor: Blackland Blackbird SB
Blade: Astra SP (1)

Good relaxing shave this morning, nice seasonal scent from PAA. It puts me in mind of a Starbucks seasonal drink without the sickening feeling when you have a go.

Smooth and refreshed ready for a painful day at work.

Hope everyone has a grand day!

Cheers

Marc

Back
Top Bottom