SOTD : Saturday 02th May - Friday 0 May 2020

Other than the nice lather, what's the scent like with the DR Harris soap. Is it potent? I'm thinking of replacing it with my TOBS sandalwood soap, which smells more like, well, soap.

The scent is quite delicate, not potent, but I get a light, fresh, citrus smell. Nowhere near as strong as 1912's Citrus Musk or OSP Neroli. It is nice though.
I am no offisianado mind, I hope this helps.

Date:- 03 May 2020

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- WCS Two-Tone Tall (Blue & White) Extra Dense Synth. 26/56mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Declaration Grooming ~ Bandwagon
Razor/Blade:- Rockwell 6C-R3 / Rapira Platinum Lux #3
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20 drops) & Tea Tree Antiseptic (10)

SOTD : 3rd May 2020.

6.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower / Original Source Cherry & Almond Shower Milk.

Pre:

Warm wet flannel to my face.

Pears ~ Transparent Soap Bar.

Brush: Chinese Unbranded Silvertip Fibre.

Bowl Lather.

Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.

Uber/Superlather : Arko Cool Shaving Cream + Erasmic Shaving Soap Bowl

Blade: Indian Gillette ~ 7'0 Clock Super Platinum.(2)

Razor: Gillette ~ 1950's Ball-EndTech. (US)

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade peppermint eucalyptus, Tea Tree , lemon essential Oils + menthol crystals Witch Hazel Mixture./ Dana ~ English Leather ASL.

Boots ~ Cucumber Moisturising Cream.

Greetings,

A relaxing sunday morning shave.

Another great razor & blade duo..The vintage tech's are such a joy to shave with, what i love about them is that they are mild but with the right blade choice can be efficient, the indian G7SP pair together wonderfully with them.

Another enjoyable 3 pass + pick ups silky smooth shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with a generous dollop of Boots ~ Cucumber Moisturising Cream.

My face is feeling silky smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Stay safe, and enjoy your Sunday Ladies & Gentlemen.:cool:

Sunday, 3 May 2020

PreShave: Warm to hot water, most from the boiled kettle some from the tap
Cream: OSP Vintage
Brush: Kent BK8
Bowl: My recycled T&H cream bowl
Razor: Merkur Futur
Blade Polsilver SI (2)
Post Shave: Alum

Fragrance: Floris Jermyn Street

Again dialed the Futur to 3 for the first pass, then 2.5 and 2, this time with a Polsilver. Another three-pass, BBS smooth shave.

Have a good week, and stay safe, folks.

03/05/20
Pre: Shower
Brush: Yaqi Sagrada Familia 24mm
Soap: D. R. Harris Arlington
Razor: Blackland Blackbird SB
Blade: Med prep (6)
Post shave: Cold water splash, Witch Hazel
Balm: Bart's Balm Lavender Balm & Lotion
Aftershave: CK Be

Wk 19 (1).JPG
2 Passes with a little buffing today for a BBS result.
I took the photo before deciding on face lathering using the little Yaqi today (hence the 3D printed bowl) and it performed brilliantly, holding enough soap for 3 passes+ if needed. The soap scent is very delicate and has hints of Williams Mug shaving soap about it, although the Williams is about a fifth of the price. The DRH does produce a better/easier lather though IMO.
The Blade is just about done, and it has been banked. I just wanted to push a Med Prep to see how many shaves i could get, no other reason, normally it would be changed on #3, i may run these to 5 shaves now.
The Blackbird is quickly becoming a favourite DE, very efficient and i have no problems/Issues when using it. I may even give the OC plate another chance.
A nice post shave leaving me soft , supple and smelling very nice indeed.
Stay safe and enjoy your day All

03/05/20

Razor: Colonial General SS
Blade: Schick Proline (4)
Brush: Yaqi Barberpole 2 Band
Soap: Fine Italian Citrus
Pre: Proraso Azur Lime
ASL: RazoRock XXX
ASB: None

IMG_20200502_141255.jpg

A much better shave today. A fine (get it?) recommendation from @Rohleder with this soap. It's an excellent performer. The only thing that's put me off getting more of these is that I can smell the tallow in the soap. It's not overpowering but it's not something I'm a fan of.

Sunday 3rd May
Alpha Outlaw - Mentholated Nivea Originals cream - Pal Injectomatic - Schick Proline B #6 - Lea Classic A/S - Aloe Vera Gel
VxeteRo.jpg

3 May 2020 – mid-am – Sunday.
Two days' growth – usual good all round shave with the MÜHLE. Proraso cream is so good to lather up – produces tons of it. One minor nick whilst tidying up under the nose -maybe forgot I had a new blade!

Prep: Aldi Bath Soap & Nuage Shave Oil
Brush: Yaqi Rainbow 26mm
Razor: MÜHLE R89
Blade: BIC Chrome Platinum (1)
Soap: Proraso Cream Blue - Aloe
After: Cold Water Splash - Ajanta Alum - Autograph ASB

03/05/20

Razor: Colonial General SS
Blade: Schick Proline (4)
Brush: Yaqi Barberpole 2 Band
Soap: Fine Italian Citrus
Pre: Proraso Azur Lime
ASL: RazoRock XXX
ASB: None

View attachment 54177

A much better shave today. A fine (get it?) recommendation from @Rohleder with this soap. It's an excellent performer. The only thing that's put me off getting more of these is that I can smell the tallow in the soap. It's not overpowering but it's not something I'm a fan of.

Alright Chris, fine picture there with the greenery in the background.

How does the Fine lather compare to Tabac? Is it the same base or is there a difference?

Sunday

Proraso Blue cream
PAA Atomic Rocket 26mm synth
Face lather
Merkur 37C
Gillette Wilkinson Sword (2)
Thayer's Lavender and Aloe Vera
RazoRock Plague Doctor splash

Second day of the 37C. 2 passes were all that was necessary after yesterday (WTG and XTG). It's a very assertive chap for me indeed and easily becoming a keeper.

68ED567B-7495-456F-A688-BD6F7EB90237.jpeg

Alright Chris, fine picture there with the greenery in the background.

How does the Fine lather compare to Tabac? Is it the same base or is there a difference?
Thanks Shubs.

On the basis that Tabac gives lots of thick slick lather, yes I'd say they're incredibly similar. The lather I squeezed out if the 24mm knot at the end was still very dense and probably could have been hydrated for another 3 passes. I definitely overloaded but it was thoroughly enjoyable!

Back
Top Bottom