SOTD SAT 30th JAN TO FRI 5th FEB 2016

5th February 2016

Bulldog Face Wash
Meißner Tremonia Bitter Almond & Texas Cedar (Natural White) Tester
Ever Ready 500N w/Muhle Silvertip Fibre
Face Lathered
Schick Golden 500 & Gillette Platinum Plus (2)
Two Pass (Schick) - WTG & ATG

IMG_2945_Fotor.jpg

Hot Rinse, Cold Rinse & Alum Wash
Witch Hazel Toner
Tabac Aftershave & EDT
Pinaud Eau de Portugal Hair Tonic​

Different strategy tonight, once with the grain and once against gave me a good shave. I'd like to get this to the same one pass that I usually do but after just two shaves I think progress is very good ...

Don't usually shave on a Friday evening but one last have with the pass around 1912 ;)

Bodyshop Maca Root Shave Cream
RR Barber Plissoft
EverReady 1912
PAL [1] :eek::eek::eek:
GEM [4] :):):)
Adidas Pure Game AS
Milton Lloyd Bondage EDT

24212103163_80c3b58d1e_c.jpg

Nice little shave with the 1912, after ditching the PAL blade, I think it actually pulled a few hairs out!:mad:
The GEM is starting too loose its edge, but it probably has another couple of shaves left in - shame I've nothing to use it in as the the 1912 is now packed and ready for its next victim!

Many thanks to @alancrab for the passaround...

Last edited:
Today's Save

R89 Twist
Wilkinson Sword blade
Kent BK12 Brush
Gillette series Goo in a Can

Nope I'm taking vintage away on camp, it's a nice razor the R89 Twist, but it's like most modern razors for me, tugging away on my beard. can't beat vintage.

4 eyed.....grumble.... computer designing .....grumble....can't do the job proper......grumble......like old school Gillette's.........grumble.......twats.......grumble :mad:

The results
No comment o_O

Had a most impressive shave using a razor by Evahs.
Already from the first WTG stroke it had nice audible feedback and shaved extremely efficient without every feeling aggressive.
One pass and I had a very socially acceptable shave. I liked it a lot.

Full disclosure: I got this razor for $2 after they reached out to me on Instagram but never asked for a "public review" - just for me to tell THEM what I thought.
They just started selling it on Amazon and if there is any interest I can see if I can get some discount codes for people - but this may be less interesting for people outside of the UK due to shipping costs.

fc1szl.jpg

Doug Korn D7XL shaving brush / Farmacia Villar shaving soap / Ikon ShaveCraft #101 head + Shaving.ie satin handle + Gillette Bleue Extra blade / Myrsol Agua Balsámica aftershave lotion

2078c0c109f8455315c6df15f106fc44.jpg

Had a most impressive shave using a razor by Evahs.
Already from the first WTG stroke it had nice audible feedback and shaved extremely efficient without every feeling aggressive.
One pass and I had a very socially acceptable shave. I liked it a lot.

Full disclosure: I got this razor for $2 after they reached out to me on Instagram but never asked for a "public review" - just for me to tell THEM what I thought.
They just started selling it on Amazon and if there is any interest I can see if I can get some discount codes for people - but this may be less interesting for people outside of the UK due to shipping costs.

fc1szl.jpg
I adore that scuttle, Dark!

First time out with vintage Imperial Leather Chubby soap
Face lathering with a Fuller boar (not quite broken in yet)
1940s Gillette Tech
Gillette Rubie blade (2)
OSP AS

Good shave

Sunday 7 February 2016

227529d1454865008-sun-january-07th-sat-february-13th-sotd-07022016.jpg

Traveling with My First Mastro Livi

I am still traveling and yesterday morning I found in a mall this Wilkinson Sword Shaving Soap and, you know it, I bought it. I am very curious about trying every soap or aftershave I happen to see in shops and, although this one is considered a sort of classic shaving soap, I admit I never had the chance to personally try it also because it is not so easy to find it in Italy. This soap is not so bad, however I would not consider it a top notch soap, however it is a good basic soap providing enough cushion and slicking effect, but I find it to lack in the moisturizing effect. As for fragrance, it is what you would get from an "old fashioned" shaving soap, however I like it.​

• Pre-Shave: RazorGuy Pre-Shave Oil
  • Soap: Wilkinson Sword Shaving Soap
  • Brush: Omega Bristle Brush 10275
  • Strop: Mastro Livi Travel Loom Strop and Hand Palm
  • Razor: Mastro Livi Damasteel Blue Tongue, 7/8 Full Hollow, Livi Snake Point
  • Post-Shave: Alum Block
  • Post-Shave: Umbria Extravirgin Olive Oil
  • After Shave: RazorGuy Bay Rum

Back
Top Bottom