SOTD Decisions

The only part of my kit that I really do try to rotate are my brushes. Have about 2wks worth and try to rotate through them with out changes.
Been doing this straight razor thing for about 2 months.(DE's when a new one comes in). Been trying to rotate though about a doz. of these. Metal regrowth, you know.
Usually I pick the DE or SE that 'calls out' to me:)-)!

For the past while, I use whatever Colin the postman brought me the day before! It's lovely! The credit card statement didn't detract too much - could hardly claim it was a surprise, after all!

Normally, I use whatever feels right - which seems to choose itself the evening before during one or more visits to the bathroom.

Been only using slant since trying it. Waiting for Weber now - so there may be a slight variation. Blades - 95% of times it's Sputniks, 5% is when I feel experimental. Soaps, creams and AS stuff - like many before have said, whatever catches my eye this day. Although if there's something important and I need a guaranteed good shave - I just use Razorock, Proraso or Speick. Or Vito's. Although recently it's also been MdC and PS.. :blush:
Floris ASB when I want to treat myself or for special occasions, rest of the time Speick or Institut Karite.

Easy choice as I only have one:

Proraso - pre
Kent Brush
EJ86
Perma-Sharp
MWF
Proraso-Post

After so much experimentation with different razors - vintage do not work for me at all; creams and soaps - irritation; and blades - from to cut to ribbons to not removing hair at all, the above combination works day in day out.

I am getting a Merkur slant off the good lady for my b'day soon so hopefully there will be a little variation. If not you'll see it in the 'for sale' section!

YorkNeil said:
After so much experimentation with different razors - vintage do not work for me at all; creams and soaps - irritation; and blades - from to cut to ribbons to not removing hair at all, the above combination works day in day out.

I am getting a Merkur slant off the good lady for my b'day soon so hopefully there will be a little variation. If not you'll see it in the 'for sale' section!

Same here also, not really feeling the love for the vintage razors apart from the New's and a couple of TTO models. Might even sell my fatboy, slim and 47.
The 37c is a lovely razor and guarantees a good shave. Or you could go one better and get the Weber!

Back
Top Bottom