SOTD: 4th of April to 10th April of 2020

Date:- 10 April 2020

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- WCS Two-Tone Tall (Blue & White) Extra Dense Synth. 26/56mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Barrister & Mann ~ Promises
Razor/Blade:- Karve CB Matte SS 'SB-C' / Kai Stainless #3
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20 drops) & Tea Tree Antiseptic (10)

Friday

Proraso M&E pre-shave
Proraso M&E soap
RazoRock Disrupter 22mm synth
Face lather
MÜHLE R41 on iKon SS
Personna Med Prep (2)
Thayer's Lavender and Aloe Vera
Proraso after shave

Perfect. Smooth and comfortable ( with just a hint of danger lurking in the background...).

This soap is still going strong. In fact, it's the first one I ever bought. 2015!

10/04/20
Pre: Sainsbury's Luxury Soap, Bergamot & Nectarine
Brush: Jayaruh #291 Tuxedo Knot
Soap: OSP Neroli
Razor: Colonial General V2 Stainless
Blade: Feather PB (3)
Post shave: Alum Block, cold water splash, Homemade Astringent
Balm: Tonyschin's Neroli infused Argan Oil
Aftershave: Vintage 4711 & OSP Neroli

After yesterdays wonderful shave where the longevity has surpassed anything i have had for a while, although, i did shave a bit earlier than usual.
The OSP Neroli is one of my favourites, i know its not everyone's "cup o' tea", however, it sets something off for me, don't ask me what that is? i am sure it will come to me one day.
Only 2 Passes WTG & ATG required for a BBS result today.
I enjoy using the General paired with a Feather Pro as it makes the shave so easy .
A nice post shave enhanced with some Vintage 4711 EDT (not sure how old it is, but it looks the part) which i bagged from that well known auction site for buttons.
I opened the small bottle from the soap set, it seems to start off pretty "sharp" and then mellows to the normal scent i am used to.

All very nice, back to work this PM for a hour or so (1st bank Holiday i have worked in an age - i would not normally do it, however, needs must with this C-19 and the school has stopped open - Off next week).
Stay safe and enjoy the rest of your day All.

Last edited:
OSP Neroli is definitely one of my favourites; and the 4711 layers very well with it; albeit fleetingly.

Last edited:
How do you get on with the Tek? I find it soon let's you know when you are not treating it with respect. Otherwise it can produce amazing results but I find the B1 does much the same minus the threat value.
I shave very slowly fully awake. This razor makes the 2011 R41 child's play. Result is an extremely close and comfortable shave.

Pre - Trumpers Sandalwood Skin Food
Cream - Trumpers Eucris
Brush - Traditional Shave Co
Razor - MÜHLE R89
Blade - Wilkinson (1)
Post - Alum, followed by Trumpers Sandalwood Skin Food

After using a Gillette Tech for a few days, the R89 was a joy to use. A lovely smooth comfortable shave. I haven't used it at home for years. It's my travel razor. I won it in a Mantic59 competition about 10-12 years ago. Before that I was using a Merkur Futur which I wasn't getting on with, I was about to go back to cartridge razors. The R89 was an epiphany and kept me hooked.

Fri 10th SOTD
Soap Catie's Bubbles Le Piment De La Vie
Brush DS Cosmetics 26mm
2-Band
Razor Edwin Jagger DE89
Blade S Max Super Stainless 1st
Post & Aftershave
Ice Water + Special Thayers Cucumber + Gatsby Splash
Excellent soap, thick slick lather results with excellent scent lasting 1 hour after the shave. Love the scent!
Shave with the ever reliable razor pair with 1st time use blade brand. Initial stroke feel & feedback was abit rough but as more stroke progress the blade feel was ok and turns smooth as the shave went on. Nice blade. 3pass was enough. WTG, XTG & ATG. Went more diagonal on the neck atg pass. No weepers today. Shave result was a good smooth BBS. Ice water rinse followed special Thayers. Some red irritation on the neck from aftershave splash. 9/10 rating