SOTD: 4th of April to 10th April of 2020

Date:- 10 April 2020

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- WCS Two-Tone Tall (Blue & White) Extra Dense Synth. 26/56mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Barrister & Mann ~ Promises
Razor/Blade:- Karve CB Matte SS 'SB-C' / Kai Stainless #3
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20 drops) & Tea Tree Antiseptic (10)

Friday

Proraso M&E pre-shave
Proraso M&E soap
RazoRock Disrupter 22mm synth
Face lather
MÜHLE R41 on iKon SS
Personna Med Prep (2)
Thayer's Lavender and Aloe Vera
Proraso after shave

Perfect. Smooth and comfortable ( with just a hint of danger lurking in the background...).

This soap is still going strong. In fact, it's the first one I ever bought. 2015!

A4199F48-B186-4896-8AF8-4999C74C0384.jpeg

10/04/20
Pre: Sainsbury's Luxury Soap, Bergamot & Nectarine
Brush: Jayaruh #291 Tuxedo Knot
Soap: OSP Neroli
Razor: Colonial General V2 Stainless
Blade: Feather PB (3)
Post shave: Alum Block, cold water splash, Homemade Astringent
Balm: Tonyschin's Neroli infused Argan Oil
Aftershave: Vintage 4711 & OSP Neroli

Wk15 (4).JPG
After yesterdays wonderful shave where the longevity has surpassed anything i have had for a while, although, i did shave a bit earlier than usual.
The OSP Neroli is one of my favourites, i know its not everyone's "cup o' tea", however, it sets something off for me, don't ask me what that is? i am sure it will come to me one day.
Only 2 Passes WTG & ATG required for a BBS result today.
I enjoy using the General paired with a Feather Pro as it makes the shave so easy .
A nice post shave enhanced with some Vintage 4711 EDT (not sure how old it is, but it looks the part) which i bagged from that well known auction site for buttons.
I opened the small bottle from the soap set, it seems to start off pretty "sharp" and then mellows to the normal scent i am used to.

4711.jpg

All very nice, back to work this PM for a hour or so (1st bank Holiday i have worked in an age - i would not normally do it, however, needs must with this C-19 and the school has stopped open - Off next week).
Stay safe and enjoy the rest of your day All.

Last edited:
Pre: Sainsbury's Luxury Soap, Bergamot & Nectarine
Brush: Jayaruh #291 Tuxedo Knot
Soap: OSP Neroli
Razor: Colonial General V2 Stainless
Blade: Feather PB (3)
Post shave: Alum Block, cold water splash, Homemade Astringent
Balm: Tonyschin's Neroli infused Argan Oil
Aftershave: Vintage 4711 & OSP Neroli

View attachment 53391
After yesterdays wonderful shave where the longevity has surpassed anything i have had for a while, although, i did shave a bit earlier than usual.
The OSP Neroli is one of my favourites, i know its not everyone's "cup o' tea", however, i sets something off for me, don't ask me what that is? i am sure it will come to me one day.
Only 2 Passes WTG & ATG required for a BBS result today.
I enjoy using the General paired with a Feather Pro as it makes the shave so easy .
A nice post shave enhanced with some Vintage 4711 EDT (not sure how old it is, but it looks the parts) which i bagged from that well known auction site for buttons.
I opened the small bottle from the soap set, it seems to start of pretty "sharp" and then mellows to the normal scent i am used to.

View attachment 53392

All very nice, back to work this PM for a hour or so (1st bank Holiday i have worked in an age - i would not normally do it, however, needs must with this C-19 and the school has stopped open - Off next week).
Stay safe and enjoy the rest of your day All.
OSP Neroli is definitely one of my favourites; and the 4711 layers very well with it; albeit fleetingly.

Last edited:
How do you get on with the Tek? I find it soon let's you know when you are not treating it with respect. Otherwise it can produce amazing results but I find the B1 does much the same minus the threat value.
I shave very slowly fully awake. This razor makes the 2011 R41 child's play. Result is an extremely close and comfortable shave.

Pre - Trumpers Sandalwood Skin Food
Cream - Trumpers Eucris
Brush - Traditional Shave Co
Razor - MÜHLE R89
Blade - Wilkinson (1)
Post - Alum, followed by Trumpers Sandalwood Skin Food

After using a Gillette Tech for a few days, the R89 was a joy to use. A lovely smooth comfortable shave. I haven't used it at home for years. It's my travel razor. I won it in a Mantic59 competition about 10-12 years ago. Before that I was using a Merkur Futur which I wasn't getting on with, I was about to go back to cartridge razors. The R89 was an epiphany and kept me hooked.

IMG_7534.jpg

Fri 10th SOTD
Soap Catie's Bubbles Le Piment De La Vie
Brush DS Cosmetics 26mm
2-Band
Razor Edwin Jagger DE89
Blade S Max Super Stainless 1st
Post & Aftershave
Ice Water + Special Thayers Cucumber + Gatsby Splash
Excellent soap, thick slick lather results with excellent scent lasting 1 hour after the shave. Love the scent!
Shave with the ever reliable razor pair with 1st time use blade brand. Initial stroke feel & feedback was abit rough but as more stroke progress the blade feel was ok and turns smooth as the shave went on. Nice blade. 3pass was enough. WTG, XTG & ATG. Went more diagonal on the neck atg pass. No weepers today. Shave result was a good smooth BBS. Ice water rinse followed special Thayers. Some red irritation on the neck from aftershave splash. 9/10 rating
20200410_071903.jpg
20200410_080103.jpg

Back
Top Bottom