Sorry...

I once told a workmate

"You're straight up and to the point. No bullshit with you. I think it's great how you put people in their place"

His reply

"Aye and in saying that you've just put me in my place"

It's only the internet if someone is taking something so personally then they should stop being so sensitive and piss off back to Mach 3 land ;)

andyjreid said:
It's only the internet if someone is taking something so personally then they should stop being so sensitive and piss off back to Mach 3 land ;)

waaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

I'm packing my things and I'm going home to mother!

• ... oh, wait.
                • She's been dead a few years and had her ashes sprinkled over a garden with father's ashes.[/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]
                    • I guess I'm staying.[/list:u][/list:u]

I remember a guy at work kept phoning me up one day with what I considered to be inane questions. When he phoned me yet again mid-afternoon, he must have felt on thin ice.

"You'll hate me by the end of today," he said, nervously.

"I hated you buy lunchtime," I replied.

He was a little bit upset.

Jeltz said:
So who've you upset the Tony?

Strangely, it wasn't me! :lol: :lol: :lol: I'm focusing particularly on the word 'recently'. But seriously, I think we all know how easy it is to misinterpret the typed word, without all the usual cues that help us to know when something is meant tongue in cheek.

Free love at Glasto is not for Nannys, and no longer an ethical imperative. Although I did meet a very nice man called Peter if memory serves me right. We shared a cup of chai and some very nice chocolate, and I managed to break out of the magic circle with no ill effects.......but then again, see new topic..... :(

antdad said:
to any members that I have upset lately. I try and be a little caustic but not too OTT or offensive. It's a fine line that I cross occasionally but it's not personal. I've also realised somebody's been playing with the settings on my coffee machine and I've been drinking 1.5 the normal dose so I'm going to clean out their passages with the BL**DY steam wand. Grrrrrr.

Glad you posted this, I was planning on contacting one of our deputy stewrads regarding your behaviour.

antdad said:
to any members that I have upset lately. I try and be a little caustic but not too OTT or offensive. It's a fine line that I cross occasionally but it's not personal. I've also realised somebody's been playing with the settings on my coffee machine and I've been drinking 1.5 the normal dose so I'm going to clean out their passages with the BL**DY steam wand. Grrrrrr.

Antdad,

My friend this is my avatar on another forum since they took me "too seriously"

The fact you apologize even though not necessary speak immeasurable volumes of character. Which is lacking in most people today. I commend you Sir.

If this were another forum you would not be voted for Deputy Stewardship which I think overall is
ghey.gif

Back
Top Bottom