Soap and cream recommendations for newbe

Hi guys thankyou for the welcome. Can anyone recommend soaps I need to be trying out (sensativish skin), is there any sample packs that I can get hold of. I see theres a nannys mentioned on here, do I contact them through this site or do I buy from their site.

canon said:
Hi guys thankyou for the welcome. Can anyone recommend soaps I need to be trying out (sensativish skin), is there any sample packs that I can get hold of. I see theres a nannys mentioned on here, do I contact them through this site or do I buy from their site.

Nanny (Sharon) can be contacted either here under the name soapalchecmist, or via her website: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.nannyssillysoap.com/">http://www.nannyssillysoap.com/</a><!-- m -->

Other forum members that make good soap; Henk Verhaar, Prof Blighty, Artisansoap, Briallen, Sunburryboy93, and I' sure there's one or two I missed.... they can be contacted via PM.

For sensitive skin, try and get a sample of a few, before buying a whole jar, just to make sure it suits you.

Max

Soap: L'Occitane Cade, Truefitt and Hill luxury hard soap.
Cream: TOBS creams, T+H cream (perticularly ultimate comfort), Body Shop maca root cream.
I agree with HM, you might not be sensitive to soaps anyway, it's often down to the effects of multiblade razors.

Arrowhead said:
I definitely recommend Nanny's and Henk's, but laying out 50p for a Palmolive stick from the supermarket will be money very well spent.

Yes, Palmolive and Maca Root (mentioned in another post) are such amazingly cheap ways to try out good quality soap or cream. For better or worse most people have a supermarket that sells Palmolive close by, and if you go to Body Shop they'll give you a sample for free.

Just as an aside while I remember, I was in L'Occitane the other day and asked about a sample of their shaving cream. The girl said they didn't have any but if I brought a pot in she'd let me have some. My immediate thought was of course the size of the pot I could get away with!! :D

for sensitive ish skin (mines very sensitive) then i recommend the following products:

-Truefitt & Hill ultimate comfort shaving cream - superb lather, subtle lavender fragrance and excellent performance.
-Taylor of old bond street, Jermyn Street cream - as above, more elaborate smell with sweet notes and musk, but about half the price of above.
-palmolive cream - comes in tubes at tesco for £1.60.. its surprisingly good, and has never irritated even my skin.

for soaps, i get on fine with the following

-arko soap stick, some love the smell, some don't. I do love it, it lathers up easilly and provides a comfortable shave with no irritation for me.
-crabtree and evelyn nomad soap. Nice no nonsense hard soap.

i used to use tabac soap.. but found it too aggressive on my skin

Back
Top Bottom