So I discovered a new soap called "Tabac"...

Depending on what you are after there are quite a few TFS soaps available in the UK for a good price, eg the TFS Almond/RasoZero from Connaught which is around £10/12 for a 1kg.

I wasn't massively enthusiastic about the Tabac scent to begin with, but I've grown used to it. In addition, with the wrapper off the shaving stick seems to lose quite a bit of it's scent with time.

I have tried Fine Soap in their barbershop scent. I found it a bit too highly perfumed. Tabac is a nice enough fragrance so can bear it. I like Arko too: nice citrus scent and the stick lasts ages. Honestly with these two soaps I ca manage. I see little sense now in paying for high priced artisan soaps. I got into wet shaving in the first place as I am. cheapskate lol.

The mere fact that you like the scent of both Tabac and Arko is enough for us to question your very sanity.

Lol each to their own I guess. Arko is just lemon curd sort of smell to me. It reminds me of some good Turkish barber shaves I have had as it is a mainstay with them just as Prorasso menthol is with Italian batbers. Tabac is quite floral but it makes a change from the more musky colognes I have like Penhaligon LP number 9 and Kouros by YSL. I get these though as they are cheap and the lather is some of the best I have come across.Both of them leave the skin feeling lovely. I think tallow based soaps are the way to go for me though Wickhams is very good for a veggie soap.