So I discovered a new soap called "Tabac"...

I can't quite believe this is a man's shaving soap. The floral perfume seems very feminine to me - and not in a wolf-whistle kind of way.
Don't worry Wookiee you're Tabac will keep you very busy without even howling out loud.

1wftTyo.gif

I can't quite believe this is a man's shaving soap. The floral perfume seems very feminine to me - and not in a wolf-whistle kind of way. Every time it hits me I have a brief panic attack. Post-traumatic stress I guess: I have this terrible fear my mother is about to spit on a hanky and start wiping my face, roughly, annoyed at my latest crime against cleanliness. Such a strange choice of scent for male bathroom activity.
Manly Mom perhaps? :oops:

I've just bought my first puck of this soap which fits perfectly in an empty Meißner paste glass container. I've been wary of it as I've bought other soaps everyone loves such as Arko, Palmolive, Vitos but wasn't impressed by them. So stuck to more expensive soaps.
However, this soap is excellent, won't elaborate as everyone here is a fan, but it is comparable to or better than soaps double the price.
Love the scent, but then I love that of Meißner strong and Scottish! Tabac is not quite up there with Meißner and SV, but close, and nearly a third of the price.

After reading various reports mainly about the scent - some hate it and some love it - I recently decided to give Tabac a bash. Right from the off I really liked the scent and have found it to be one of the best lathering soaps I have tried. I got the puck in the bowl and will definitely renew it when it is used but that will be a long time off I think. I also regularly use Proraso white which I also really like and have gone from thinking that creams were better to not now so sure. I have a good selection of both now and my rotation has grown. Might have to get a bigger bathroom ;)

After reading various reports mainly about the scent - some hate it and some love it - I recently decided to give Tabac a bash. Right from the off I really liked the scent and have found it to be one of the best lathering soaps I have tried. I got the puck in the bowl and will definitely renew it when it is used but that will be a long time off I think. I also regularly use Proraso white which I also really like and have gone from thinking that creams were better to not now so sure. I have a good selection of both now and my rotation has grown. Might have to get a bigger bathroom ;)

I think you've got to try the classics: MWF, Arko and Tabac.

MWF will teach you how to lather and how slick a shaving soap can get.

Arko will make you wonder why good shaving soap has to be so damn expensive.

Tabac is another solid performer. The fact that it's popular with the traditional straight razor crowd says a lot. Not as cheap as Arko but still great value

Whether you stick with them or not, at the very least they provide a benchmark to judge other soaps.

Should probably have something Italian in that list as well. Vitos? Proraso? Haven't tried any of the marzipan soaps so far. I'm scared I'd breathe in the delicious almond aroma and try to eat it.

I love Tabac too though I do find the scent a little bit cloying. Some say there is a hint of tobacco there but I find it more of a floral scent. I looked it up online and the scent is described as fougere which i believe is fern scent with lavender. Anyway I like it because the performance of the lather is so good so can put up with the smell. Other cheap but good soaps i like are Prorasso Menthol and the humble Arko shaving stick. Tcheon Fung Sing is brilliatnt to but hard to get here. If you ever go to Italy stock up.

Back
Top Bottom