AS 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla 70
AS 2: Proraso Green Splash
Fragrance: Paco Rabanne 1 Million
Consecutive Daily Shaves - # 1034
$image.jpg
IMG_20210906_051218811_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
Monday 6th September

AM-JKLVaGQ5LdNr7RL2NqiGdfG00iydlhbRAlCG7OSUVLWpTBoQAuvUO7No13UyXGU68zAA3FiBpv5jUQPblfVfVkQ4guDF5OyfBn-o1Ao9_YqC9GiJYiEMzJpA4NhpA23MZqrzsMfnSv4CWaDlZO1xoctObOg=s800

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
Wickham 1912 Shangri-La Shaving Soap
hjm Professional w/Blonde Boar 28mm
RazoRock Hawk (A Plate) w/Red Horseman Swing Handle
Feather Professional (1)
Brut Attraction Totale Aftershave

Perfection!

... a few days ago, I wrote that my shave with the Hawk on a regular plate with a Feather Professional (2nd run) was near perfection. Well, what a difference the A plate makes as this was sincerely perfection for me! This turned the Hawk from feeling like a comfort coated into a Platinum Chrome. I guess A standard for a deeply satisfied "ahhhh".

Ever ready 1912 made in england
GEM personna SS blade PTFE
Omega boar 10108
Tabac SS/ASL

First time with an SE. First time with an even ready 1912. What a shave... Thank you guys for the advice before buying it. Needs some learning in the angle, but it's a great razor!

View attachment 76456
View attachment 76457
Super! You're on a roll now ...

Indeed! The angle is much steeper than you think. Get the cap almost flat to your face - you want the angle to follow the little bevel right at the front of the cap. Also, try popping the spine off a spare blade, break it in half and pop a half spine under the spine on your blade to fully emulate the thicker spines of the older blades. See: https://www.theshavingroom.co.uk/community/threads/the-fergiebilly-shim.32513/ ... I don't do this routinely, but it's worth a go.

Tue 7th September

The Grosvenor -404 mixed
Monsavon au Lait
ER 1912 - bathroom set
Gem S/S [ 2 ]
Pitralon Polar A/S Lotion

Paid more attention today to the area I did not Shave properly yesterday. A no rush Shave was rewarded by a Top Notch close all round finish, I can now move on to a 1914 tomorrow. I think as it has laid idle awhile a change of blade is needed,I can afford to be extravagent as a recent check shows I still have 600. Got these when it was suggested they may be discontinued and before latched on to AC/SE.

IMG_1639.jpg

Back
Top Bottom