Simpsons Wood & Horn - LATEST - TWITTER ONLY

Simpson have just tweeted:

"Good Lord, we've just turned the wood & horn Chubby 2, M7 and Duke 3 handles ... Breathless & speechless, just beautiful."...."Think we'll need a safe fitted to house these!"

Any guesses as to the likely price, including VAT + Delivery?

UPDATE:

In response to an enquiry as to when these brushes will be available, Simpsons have just tweeted:

"very limited in number, priced accordingly, utterly gorgeous & a few days away ..."

LATEST UPDATE

Simpson has been presenting an assortment of one-off brushes exclusively for sale on its Twitter page (see attached examples). So far as I know, these have not been available on the main site. They have been selling fast - "within half an hour".

From a twitter exchange, it looks like this is how the horn and wood handled brushes recently announced will be sold:

"Will the horn & wood handles mentioned only be available via twitter, as seems to be the case with recent LEs?"

"Probably yes, makes things easier from an administration perspective."

"And how do we get further details (prices etc.)/order/pay?"

"If you see something you like, email enquiries@progress-vulfix.com for pricing, availability & payment details."

So there you have it. If you are a Simpson devotee/brush collector, you'd best sign up to twitter - indeed, as one poster said, "joined twitter today for this reason."

Simpson's twitter address is: @AESimpson1919

UPDATE 01/10/14
"The Horn & Wood @AESimpson1919 handles are being engraved. We can't even begin to describe just how gorgeous these brushes are looking!"

[attachment=11763]
[attachment=11764]
[attachment=11765]
[attachment=11766]
[attachment=11767]

Attachments

• Chubby 2 Manchurian.jpg
    Chubby 2 Manchurian.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 75
  • M7 Moonjava.jpg
    M7 Moonjava.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 52
  • Classic 1 Manchurian.jpg
    Classic 1 Manchurian.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 63
  • M7 Silvertip Cobalt.jpg
    M7 Silvertip Cobalt.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 47
  • Classic 1 Manchurian Ivory Stripe.jpg
    Classic 1 Manchurian Ivory Stripe.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 56
RE: Simpsons Wood & Horn Handles

Dipesh said:
I'm going to go £380-400 for the horn. Lol

There's no reason why wood/horn should be a great deal different to resin - in reality the difference in the price of the blanks is no more than a few pounds.​

Simpsons Wood & Horn Handles

UKRob said:
Dipesh said:
I'm going to go £380-400 for the horn. Lol

There's no reason why wood/horn should be a great deal different to resin - in reality the difference in the price of the blanks is no more than a few pounds.​

I agree, but I can't seeing them being less or the same.

RE: Simpsons Wood & Horn Handles

Well I think they will look to the most successful wooden handle brush producer Semogue they use exclusively Cherry and Ash, but I would personally like to see some professionally stabilized Burl myself but that stuff can be pretty expensive, on saying that I love my Bill Jack Le Tuft in Lignum Vitae it's a few years old and still looks great and is used pretty regular.

Simpsons Wood & Horn Handles - UPDATED

pugh-the-special-one said:
Well I think they will look to the most successful wooden handle brush producer Semogue they use exclusively Cherry and Ash, but I would personally like to see some professionally stabilized Burl myself but that stuff can be pretty expensive, on saying that I love my Bill Jack Le Tuft in Lignum Vitae it's a few years old and still looks great and is used pretty regular.

I seem to recall you posting pictures of that handle. Very nice it was too.

RE: Simpsons Wood & Horn Handles - UPDATED

I had two brushes made by Bill from wood both based on the Simpson range a Simpsons 59 in stabilized Buckeye Burl which was sold to Dr Rick, and the Chubby 1.5 in Lignum Vitae.

pugh-the-special-one said:

My Elm burl handle brush made by Mr Neep. Very nice indeed and what a knot...

DarkElmBurlBrushforDad_zpsdad50cb3.jpg

All round great brush.

Here's another Buckeye Burl - this is one of the most expensive burls - but the complete brush including TGN super badger knot and shipping from Canada was - how much would you guess?

Back
Top Bottom