Simpson 90th Anniversary brush.

Simpson's have issued an anniversary brush to commemorate their 90th year as a manufacturer.

They have revived an old model called the "Astor" in faux horn and Super 2 band hair.

attachment.php

Available at Diamond Edge for £150 + VAT

EDIT: 0nly 90 will be made.

It's pretty but I am not endorsing this product, I have never seen, used or handled it. I am just a messenger boy.

It a lot, but not as much as the Yanks are going to be paying for it, an astonishing $350 from what I understand.

They really go for this limited edition stuff, they will have to. I would also expect a dusky maiden to be included in the pre and post shave.

I think neither, Fido has stated he won't pay that sort of money for a single brush and John just sold most of his brush collection for financial reasons.

joe mcclaine said:
You only have to look at how many people broke their New Years Resolutions as soon as the shops opened to know you can't trust what people on here say.

Ummm, that'd be me then, but I did buy stuff from you :)

Ian - Currently smelling of Ex-joe mcclaine Hammam Bouquet.

Still a lot of coin, antdad. Enough to give even us wealthy 'mericans pause.
I recognize the finest badger, and the collectability. From a purely utilitarian view, a $20 Omega boar brush will do exactly the same thing. Some even prefer it.

This particular brush just doesn't tickle my whiskers...I do like two band hair and the look of the faux horn but I'd prefer something a little more substantial and another LE brush for a 90 year anniversary, well its a little trite.

It's been a living hell down in the Forest. Lost my internet connection for hours on end before complete breakdown of service yesterday. But a new router arrived just now and I'm back. And a good job too with all these Fido comments here.

Well I have made a decision about the future of my shaving interest. I'm giving brushes my bell treatment. So the study of manufacturers and brands will continue apace to provide material for a new blog. And I am now a collector. So no need to justify anything on the basis of need.

So this week I will be off to Hungerford to add the Vulfix 90th to the collection. I won't use it but I wonder how it will compare with the 404 boar/badger mix! Apart from being another £170.

The gloves are off.

Back
Top Bottom