Show us your vintage ladies

You forgot to correct me on the (A nd), :p I guess you haven't had your coffee yet.

iu
I was too incensed to get that far with it

Likewise my vintage razors aren't in the best of condition, the boxes are long gone but they are great for use. I'll never tire of seeing Mike pick up those beautiful razors complete in their boxes.

The vintage razors I have are all 3 piece razors aside from the last which is the sole TTO

Souplex Bakelite
Made in England Gillette Old Type Clone
Gillette Pre War Fat Handle Tech
Gillette Flat Bottom New OC (Head only)
Gillette Flat Bottom Tech (Head only)
Gillette Post War Ball End Tech
Gillette Rocket HD

I've also listed my razors mild to slightly more efficient. If I use a blade which is on the sharper side of things (eg Gillette 7 Black) I will start the blade off in my mildest razor (the Souplex Bakelite) and shift the blade up the rank with additional razors of efficiency, I find I get gloriously smooth shaves that way.
These razors aren't my collectors items but my 95% rotation of razors I will use as I know exactly how efficient they are and will choose the right razor for the right blade. Aside from the above, if I have a middle of the road blade I'll pair it with the Fat Handle Tech, if I have a blade which is on the smoother side of things it will be used with the Ball End Tech or Rocket.
The two razors I use the most are the Fat Handle and Ball End.
The two razors I listed as heads only were generous gifts from Paul. Both heads had their nickel plating removed back to their original brass, not perfect for the collector but they have a beautiful patina nonetheless!
Must be a challenge to shave with "the head only" ! :p

Likewise my vintage razors aren't in the best of condition, the boxes are long gone but they are great for use. I'll never tire of seeing Mike pick up those beautiful razors complete in their boxes.

The vintage razors I have are all 3 piece razors aside from the last which is the sole TTO

Souplex Bakelite
Made in England Gillette Old Type Clone
Gillette Pre War Fat Handle Tech
Gillette Flat Bottom New OC (Head only)
Gillette Flat Bottom Tech (Head only)
Gillette Post War Ball End Tech
Gillette Rocket HD

I've also listed my razors mild to slightly more efficient. If I use a blade which is on the sharper side of things (eg Gillette 7 Black) I will start the blade off in my mildest razor (the Souplex Bakelite) and shift the blade up the rank with additional razors of efficiency, I find I get gloriously smooth shaves that way.
These razors aren't my collectors items but my 95% rotation of razors I will use as I know exactly how efficient they are and will choose the right razor for the right blade. Aside from the above, if I have a middle of the road blade I'll pair it with the Fat Handle Tech, if I have a blade which is on the smoother side of things it will be used with the Ball End Tech or Rocket.
The two razors I use the most are the Fat Handle and Ball End.
The two razors I listed as heads only were generous gifts from Paul. Both heads had their nickel plating removed back to their original brass, not perfect for the collector but they have a beautiful patina nonetheless!
the rocket is a great razor, i love mine and yea i do want to get a fat handle tech one day hopefully

Back
Top Bottom