Show us your slants

I have been looking at a couple of vintage plastic razors online but not sure about their shave quality so will play it safe adding a Merkur 45C to the lineup.

Sharkbone 220. A 3D-printed razor, found at Shapeways.com:
DSC03553.JPG

DSC03556.JPG

A surprisingly good, mild, and loud razor.

Sharkbone 220. A 3D-printed razor, found at Shapeways.com:
DSC03553.JPG

DSC03556.JPG

A surprisingly good, mild, and loud razor.

Very nice as is the other one they produce, how easy did you find the nuts and screw?

Be good to get some nylon screw and wing nut to really keep the weight down but not sure I'd find the correct length or size.

Living in a metric country, the size screw that was mentioned on the orderingpage was no use to me. I took the razor to the hardwarestore and had them have a look. The hole was just too narrow for M5, so it had to be M4 but they had no screws long enough. Ended up buying a meter of threaded M4-wire, a nut and a wingnut, and sawed a piece of myself. That's why I have the nut on top: a fitting flatheadscrew would have neatly sunk in the topplate.

My slants...............
IMG_0600_zpsg8mdy6mo.jpg

IMG_0601_zpsuxxfdj0p.jpg

An unknown slant, it is very light and has no markings at all. The other is my Ibsen slant, a very nice razor although not quite as good as my Mulcuto.
IMG_0598_zpsilnyxdg4.jpg

IMG_0599_zpsbumh1jch.jpg

An Apollo razor, plastic/bakelite handle with a pot metal head. This head the same as the Mulcuto will only fit together one way. Again a very good razor.
IMG_0607_zpsvt64lax5.jpg

IMG_0608_zpstl9megve.jpg

IMG_0611_zpsaavmukoo.jpg

IMG_0604_zpslqpwwcaf.jpg

IMG_0606_zps0cnrftfb.jpg

My 2 favourite slants both Mulcuto, one all metal and the other metal with a plastic base plate. Both are superb razors.
I have had a number of slants over the years and have only kept the ones that I got on with.

Back
Top Bottom