Show off your boar(s), gent

Supposedly the hair type in the SOC variants are better.
See here C. - Semogue boar grades.

cheers - I.

@hotmetal

Thanks Dave
Number 2 is a Chisel & Hound with a
Hazelets Apothecarey boar knot
Do you know much about this company ?
from your end of the pond

3 is a Turn N Shave Custom Boar Stoat
Thanks and not yet. A quick Google shows them selling thru other sites but not found a site for them yet. I'll look further though. (y)

Mine aren't as refined as most but 1st pic is what I currently have. Middle of bottom 3 is a mixed Boar/Badger. 2nd pic is on the way and last pic are knots in awaiting a handle.
View attachment 93067View attachment 93068View attachment 93069
Is that a real vintage 400? I have been looking at 400 tributes but I don't want a synthetic (I have other synthetics I like already) but the only boar ones I see are the real deal, apart from a few Crown King ones with the swappable knots.

Is that a real vintage 400? I have been looking at 400 tributes but I don't want a synthetic (I have other synthetics I like already) but the only boar ones I see are the real deal, apart from a few Crown King ones with the swappable knots.
I have had all 3 Model Rubberset 400's. No number, 3 and 4. The number designated the loft, they were all the same diameter 24mm. I now have an original 400 with a no number ferrule and a #4 ferrule. The others are extra ferrules in 24 mm and 26 mm were turned by a member in South Africa. @Clouds on most forums. I gots options :ROFLMAO: :LOL::ROFLMAO: The boar is a Great Oumo Boar I installed in one of the ferrules.
IMG_20220907_162754280.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom