Should You Buy A Synthetic Fibre Shaving Brush?

Badger Hair or Synthetic Hair Shaving Brushes - which is best?

• Total voters
WOW!! I didn't expect to see that a synthetic would be a first choice for shave enthusiasts!!

If a Silver Tip Badger brush would perform better, I wonder why.. :confused:

Go piggy!
images

Got agree here.... I'm really not into brushes,
We are a minority though :p
I've read that Carl le Bechet doesn't much care for brushes either....:p

Man, we should feel blessed not having that particular monkey yammering away. Although I appreciate what a very nice brush can do or is like, the idea of paying crazy money for one is something I just don't want enough to do. Not to say I don't enjoy the couple high end ones I have run into because I sure do.

Big G, you are thinking of someone else. The Cap'n actually does like brushes and last I heard was up to around 16!! Crazy huh? The hell does someone need that many for? Maybe it's the Sybil effect.....one for each face.

Oh crap hang on, you were using that sarcasm thing on me. He has lots more brushes than 16......way over 200 last I 'herd'. Heh, I was thinking about his 16-18 or so Webers. Sheesh, I was confused.

Last edited by a moderator:
£70-odd for a synthetic?
Wow. I mean really, wow. I know Im prone to rash impulsive purchases (says the man who just spent £400 on a pink canoe) but I couldnt steal myself to pay that much for a synthetic brush.
I have a couple of boar, one synthetic and a horse, and whilst the synthetic is OK, I prefer the hog.

And the brushes are not bad either.

If you'd asked me a couple of years ago, I'd have said that I was a 95% badger hair (5% Vie Long horsehair) user... But now, about 10 months after buying a Muhle Sivertip Fibre (23mm knot), I find that I haven't used any of my badger brushes since - and I've recently got an Edwin Jagger 25mm synthetic too. To be honest, from a practical standpoint, I could probably get rid of the rest of my brushes - the two synthetics just perform so well for me.

Back
Top Bottom