Shield GEM Razor

Well this clears things up a bit. Contacted Mike at Shield through Instagram. Seemingly he now only trades through bullgoose or himself. So he no longer trades through Boti which clears up why I got the SE AC with the Boti stamp and why they're being less than forthcoming with solving the problem.

I've emailed them once more after getting this info from Mike to give them another chance. After that I'll raise a case through PayPal.

I'm not particularly hopeful I'll even get a resolution through that avenue, I can but try though!

Final update on this one, made the suggestion to handle it all through PayPal rather than me dealing directly. Started getting swift responses after that. They asked for the other stuff to be returned (which I had volunteered several times anyway), sent it insured and they gave me the cash back for the postage. They negotiated with Mike to send me a new razor which was sent last week directly from Shield...not the polished like I ordered initially but I was beyond caring at that point and wanted it done

Just received the new one and the head tightens up without a blade present, so it wasn't me being special there definitely was something wrong, and I finally got the handle I wanted as well.

Time to call it a day and just shave with the bloody thing, previous experiences with boti have been good but this will perhaps make me think twice!
20230309_134735.jpg20230309_134744.jpg

Final update on this one, made the suggestion to handle it all through PayPal rather than me dealing directly. Started getting swift responses after that. They asked for the other stuff to be returned (which I had volunteered several times anyway), sent it insured and they gave me the cash back for the postage. They negotiated with Mike to send me a new razor which was sent last week directly from Shield...not the polished like I ordered initially but I was beyond caring at that point and wanted it done

Just received the new one and the head tightens up without a blade present, so it wasn't me being special there definitely was something wrong, and I finally got the handle I wanted as well.

Time to call it a day and just shave with the bloody thing, previous experiences with boti have been good but this will perhaps make me think twice!
View attachment 102010View attachment 102011
Great news Marc! The saga has ended

Precisely, saga at an end, a positive outcome eventually and I haven't been left out of pocket or without a razor so I'll call it a win!

As long as it shaves like the duff one (which there is absolutely no suggestion that it wouldn't) then happy days. If they'd have given me a refund I would have either taken a second punt at buying or would have got one from BST anyway!

Well, that's a good enough ending ... and don't forget, you could get it polished up if that's what you wanted.

So, does it shave okay?
Aye, I'll keep that one in mind, based on the texture I would've thought it would take a bit of work, but to fair I wouldn't know.

It only just arrived today so I'll give it a bash in a few days time once I'm finished pushing this Wizamet as far as I can. I'm sure it'll be good though, even the bodged one was excellent.

Oh dear, after dispatching the return on the 3rd March it has been bounced back and I'm now sat with the duff GEM and the working AC razor in hand again...looks like it was sat in Chinese customs from the 19th March through to 18th August before they rejected it for insufficient paperwork, bugger.

Back
Top Bottom