Shaving brush survey

Chibouk said:
If you did that yourself Paul, then you have far too much time on your hands :lol:

Indeed, Fido might be the only one with enough badger brushes for a reasonable response. :lol:

I was hoping this might not turn into a Badger V Boar thread but it looks inevitable.

Paul,

That's so awesome! Thanks!

antdad said:
Chibouk said:
If you did that yourself Paul, then you have far too much time on your hands :lol:

Indeed, Fido might be the only one with enough badger brushes for a reasonable response. :lol:

I was hoping this might not turn into a Badger V Boar thread but it looks inevitable.

Wait till I get more brushes then I'll post them up
faint.gif

I must add that a Vulfix along with any other pure bristle brush needs breaking in, badger hair does perform better out of the box. After that it's a question of technique / personal preference.

nqvbcl.jpg

2h3pw6b.jpg

Paul said:
I must add that a Vulfix along with any other pure bristle brush needs breaking in, badger hair does perform better out of the box. After that it's a question of technique / personal preference.

True, some badgers though do need to bloom before reaching their potential.

dscf1322e.jpg

We can all reply with pictures of pretty brushes but I was trying to make a point about dismissing boar after only a few uses. Too many times boar is just dismissed as a cheaper, poorer option, but that just isn't true.

4jxa9g.jpg

I haven't given up on the 404 boar, but I was just confused by the different versions of the same brush number. I wanted to try the mixed brush, as people seemed to be raving about it.

To me, the point of trying different types and styles of brush is to explore the various effects of their use. I don't know enough about brushes to decide if one is better than the other yet.

Paul said:
We can all reply with pictures of pretty brushes but I was trying to make a point about dismissing boar after only a few uses. Too many times boar is just dismissed as a cheaper, poorer option, but that just isn't true.

4jxa9g.jpg

Doesn't that look like a pretty picture of an unused boar brush, I've been using that Duke for a couple of months.

Paul, I might add that this thread is really a response to Bruno's survey and mixed hair brushes in general which you choose not to stock. I did not make any disparaging remarks about boar brushes, this thread was never about boar brushes until you turned it into one however I did comment on what I thought of the 404 mix which although not a favourite I am still happy to recommend.

Back
Top Bottom