Shaving Acquisitions March

Vintage Yardley Gift Set

AMWts8BKN2RItBqIcqneKCR9SYti3VzWd6g__c9T3OmKQWchri9jbTpSXqpZ1jCXKvI2DKapezXielM3z-qXq7KifSZpVapNVC1yPzNEvIbTVWxQG4buXbCcfkSnzhpAYYlqwS7BHtlVXOKu3K2zb4IRM6v-rw=w800

The aftershave is potent! Proper oakmoss in there.

These arrived in the post on Friday (by miracle, I hasten to add)

The Feather SR was a BST purchase from Alan, @ekeko
He very kindly added the folding AC shavette as a bonus.
Alan is a true gentleman, and aside from Royal Fail playing some very odd tricks, the entire transaction was a pleasure.

Thank you again Alan

These arrived in the post on Friday (by miracle, I hasten to add)

The Feather SR was a BST purchase from Alan, @ekeko
He very kindly added the folding AC shavette as a bonus.
Alan is a true gentleman, and aside from Royal Fail playing some very odd tricks, the entire transaction was a pleasure.

Thank you again Alan
I’m really pleased that you can now enjoy these razors Paul. RM led us a bit of a dance but thankfully it was the posties at the coal face who delivered and so made up for the shortcomings of their back room office folk. Phew! All power to the posties!
Alan

Latest acquisition from France is a GIBBS No 16 Mince. It’s in excellent condition with case and 5 unopened blades in an original blade holder. However I’ve modded a Personna silver platinum to fit and will give it a whirl tomorrow.
The seller included a few French Gillette blades and some Lucky Blades which look used and with packaging very reminiscent of Lucky Strike cigarettes :rolleyes:
The moniker “Mince” is probably best not translated into English, I’m guessing in French it refers to the — and + aspect of the head. I’ve read mixed reviews on this razor and will see how it performs tomorrow for a SOTD posting.

C5D724E9-9BEF-4DB8-B26E-DC1144CDCEE9.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom