Shaving Acquisitions Jan. 2023

Indeed!
It was a group buy from wetshaving subreddit , one guy had a contact with someone from zenith (not entirely sure who but could ask). If I recall correctly, they needed an order of at least 50 brushes to make it viable! As a group we ended up ordering around 130 of them…

Indeed they usually are, especially the 31mm in fat handle!
Just a shame it wasn’t an unbleached boar!

Thanks for the info. Zenith seem incredibly difficult to get hold off, but their brushes are superb. I absolutely love my unbleached Zenith.

I hope you enjoy using yours!

Moar Oink!

AL9nZEWoib6E-JJNVMnfS2V3LucThMb4GocJ08M3ogkyEZ_Xq148527xCUYWtnQG6GU2m3io93uwgcW4y_P4T7GPfABBm-5K1XFjdqXkTtzUbOs_mb9PDRgoZdQvLjhBXK08pKv4SCNAdTl-WOs3JFe4DytL2Q=s800

A very nice brush. What is the size of the knot? Is it bleached or unbleached?

A super choice. You have great taste in scents

Bought shower gel from the store in Ambleside recently from the lovely Japanese lady store manager, the products are very good with some interesting scents. Will probably pop into the nearest store to me at Knutsford Cheshire to purchase a cologne that I quite liked.

Curiosity asks which Cologne? I have both the Cuban Cedar and Lime and the Spanish fig and nutmeg. Both are excellent especially the Cuban Cedar. The Spanish fig is very much a warmer days scent. I also have the Tea and rose which is certainly different.

I was also sold by the wonderful shop manageress in York who I could have chatted all day long with.

So grabbed those Nivea Menmalist sensitive liquid shaving craams yesterday and had a mail call today

fancied trying out the Gillette and old spice shading creams, unfortunately the seller only had the musk old spice shaving cream and these are from India originally but a UK seller

Made me laugh when I saw the youtuber Donald youngster (think that's his name) trying out the Dettol shaving cream and I really want to try out the Dettol shaving

Some really cool stuff out there from all over the world

IMG_20230106_112124.jpg

So grabbed those Nivea Menmalist sensitive liquid shaving craams yesterday and had a mail call today

fancied trying out the Gillette and old spice shading creams, unfortunately the seller only had the musk old spice shaving cream and these are from India originally but a UK seller

Made me laugh when I saw the youtuber Donald youngster (think that's his name) trying out the Dettol shaving cream and I really want to try out the Dettol shaving

Some really cool stuff out there from all over the world

View attachment 98524
I used the Dettol in the past (it was probably 7 or 8 years ago).
It lathered well but wasn't very protective.
The Old Spice cream I also had; smells great!

Reactions: saj
Yep I'm in the UK but I ordered it from India via ebay UK, if I remember right. There was a seller whom I got lots of stuff to make it worth the postage cost (which wasn't bad but higher than domestic)

Reactions: saj
Grand day out in the capital (of Yorkshire, that is). York.

AL9nZEWbP9HlWC4pXr8Xo2gTB6xwZ4O-d0uK9BNgoMy7XZEi_XYYWXw4zCMTYy3_Nxv5GNM4m59OPlKAS76ZpCtNVm26_i71QLB6XJfMaISyBUV6Xjwgn5GwA5XTLBPSdesHcDcVPGhC1lbf_hzU_CJv0rb_cQ=s800

We found The Bath House and picked this up:

AL9nZEXmjHX3ByutT1Sj0IWqrzK5uP4xl8iny-yAxRXtz_sPEtqJsyXLu5kow2ZBZk0oooEN-9RwD_t84H7aeUPdI3Nt1B2aJvRGN3I0pY84TI3xnuRsJIbAkowIlSZToJk0G4myK0viSd-ZmZtFoDIDFXCasA=w800

@Satanfriendly

I went for the Orange Flower as one had Shea Butter (bleurgh!) and the other cocoa butter (not so bleurgh, but still ... bleurgh!). Two types of clay. I'm hoping for a Meissner Tremonia-style shave. I have my kit sorted for tonight, but will push onto the Bath House tomorrow I think ... fresh blade and a posh razor. I have my newly acquired Ranger Tech in mind.

... and came home to this:

AL9nZEVWyMkao53vYyByp5KwRrV4HVCSpuaYFijR2KlWddzqps-A6WsFpmbG3_E7yHkg1oNU089iU52qNuOhVmtJuF9phXWl3yGNbckHxYJ6UlGSySRalxSA0XhSljh2aHddWQhVqRpBp14SZ08oGCXtrD1LkA=w800

Much thanks @Wintermute

Grand day out in the capital (of Yorkshire, that is). York.

AL9nZEWbP9HlWC4pXr8Xo2gTB6xwZ4O-d0uK9BNgoMy7XZEi_XYYWXw4zCMTYy3_Nxv5GNM4m59OPlKAS76ZpCtNVm26_i71QLB6XJfMaISyBUV6Xjwgn5GwA5XTLBPSdesHcDcVPGhC1lbf_hzU_CJv0rb_cQ=s800

We found The Bath House and picked this up:

AL9nZEXmjHX3ByutT1Sj0IWqrzK5uP4xl8iny-yAxRXtz_sPEtqJsyXLu5kow2ZBZk0oooEN-9RwD_t84H7aeUPdI3Nt1B2aJvRGN3I0pY84TI3xnuRsJIbAkowIlSZToJk0G4myK0viSd-ZmZtFoDIDFXCasA=w800

@Satanfriendly

I went for the Orange Flower as one had Shea Butter (bleurgh!) and the other cocoa butter (not so bleurgh, but still ... bleurgh!). Two types of clay. I'm hoping for a Meissner Tremonia-style shave. I have my kit sorted for tonight, but will push onto the Bath House tomorrow I think ... fresh blade and a posh razor. I have my newly acquired Ranger Tech in mind.

... and came home to this:

AL9nZEVWyMkao53vYyByp5KwRrV4HVCSpuaYFijR2KlWddzqps-A6WsFpmbG3_E7yHkg1oNU089iU52qNuOhVmtJuF9phXWl3yGNbckHxYJ6UlGSySRalxSA0XhSljh2aHddWQhVqRpBp14SZ08oGCXtrD1LkA=w800

Much thanks @Wintermute

Excellent choice. I wasn't disappointed.

Nice lady in the shop as well

Back
Top Bottom