Shaving Acquisitions February

A load of cheap aftershave lotions and balms from Makeup.uk. This is my second order from them.
I was impressed with the first order which arrived quickly and I liked the majority of the items.
So far I am finding this second order's stuff all seem to have quite weak fragrance strengths and are a little uninspiring.
I will have to give each product a proper run over the next week or so, but I'm currently disappointed enough not to even bother with a photo

A load of cheap aftershave lotions and balms from Makeup.uk. This is my second order from them.
I was impressed with the first order which arrived quickly and I liked the majority of the items.
So far I am finding this second order's stuff all seem to have quite weak fragrance strengths and are a little uninspiring.
I will have to give each product a proper run over the next week or so, but I'm currently disappointed enough not to even bother with a photo

I think I know how you feel.

In my last Make Up order I bought a few Wars splashes with really weak scents. The scent seems to dissipate within an hour or so. They were a bit of a let down tbh.

Which ones did you feel let down by?

Wow, you struck gold with the Old Spice mug! I've heard good things about DvH too.
Thanks Shubs,

I've wanted to try DvH for a long time and found it for sale on a site called Klipshop.uk. Both soap and stick were on offer over the weekend for £3.44 each. They arrived via Hermes this morning. Fantastic service. The soaps smells fresh and a bit like Drakkar Noir.

I think I know how you feel.

In my last Make Up order I bought a few Wars splashes with really weak scents. The scent seems to dissipate within an hour or so. They were a bit of a let down tbh.

Which ones did you feel let down by?
I was disappointed by the strengths of all the scents I ordered:
PXL_20230217_113058484.jpgPXL_20230217_112907069.jpgPXL_20230217_112412272.jpg
The Lider lotion seems to last even though it's not very strong. The others seem to die off in minutes and are two weak and indistinct in the first place.

This is in stark contrast last month's orders - see below. All of these impressed except Lider balm which gave me a bad reaction.
PXL_20230116_134415951.jpg

I was disappointed by the strengths of all the scents I ordered:
View attachment 100819View attachment 100820View attachment 100821
The Lider lotion seems to last even though it's not very strong. The others seem to die off in minutes and are two weak and indistinct in the first place.

This is in stark contrast last month's orders - see below. All of these impressed except Lider balm which gave me a bad reaction.
View attachment 100822

Maybe with the pictures up, those who are undecided might shy away from the ones you found to be a let down? A shame your MakeUp haul was a let down though.

I presume the Korsarz splashes are Gillette Cool Wave and Arctic Ice clones?

Rockwell 6S landed and set up for tomorrow with the R4 plate, a Nacet and the Marvellous Mr Mitchell.

75E082C4-C5FF-43CA-AA75-B45640EB6309.jpeg
5529D74C-6948-4490-A13C-FC55F9ECC745.jpeg

In truth, I don’t like the matte steel finish but the price was oh-so-right and I don’t want to risk making an arse of fully polishing it. I think some Autosol which, for me, seems coarser and thus more abrasive than Peek, will put a semi-sheen on it. Enough to ditch the matte without comprimising it otherwise.

Last edited:
Rockwell 6S landed and set up for tomorrow with the R4 plate, a Nacet and the Marvellous Mr Mitchell.

View attachment 100826
View attachment 100827

In truth, I don’t like the matte steel finish but the price was oh-so-right and I don’t want to risk making an arse of fully polishing it. I think some Autosol which, for me, seems coarser and thus more abrasive than Peek, will put a semi sheen on it. Enough to ditch the matte without comprimising it otherwise.
It’s one of DE’s I won’t let go. It’s fantastic I find on plate 3 to 5 dependent on your needs and the other plates are great too. Not the prettiest razor but I’ve not found many better for function over form!

Boti Razor Titanium Safety Razor / Color : Meteor
Boti Razor Titanium Safety Razor / Color : Meteorite

EihgqIj.png

3j7QDPl.png
WkpLMgb.png

GO2ZEZ7.png

Back
Top Bottom