Shave of The Day w/c Saturday 6th February 2010.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wenesday evening.

Prep. Wash face with glycerine soap.
Razor. Merkur 1904 w/Cooncatbob handle/Gillette Swede.
Cream. Musgo Real.
Brush. Simpson PJ2 Best.
AS. Thayer's Witch Hazel, Proraso splash.

Using a DE for the rest of the week. My son is to be married Saturday and the wife wants no fresh scars from a straight mishap.

Thursday

Merkur Futur
Astra (3)
Trumpers Pure Badger
TOBS St James Collection SS
Cold Face cloth with after shave mixed in water.
Coral Skin food
Trumpers Moisturiser - mixed with some After Shave - Hugo Boss XY

Notes:- Good DFS. Blade was tugging a bit towards end, so max three shaves from that blade.

Thursday

Merkur 34C HD
Personna Red (2)
Ingram Cream Menthol (Zing!!!!!)
No name Badger Brush

Alum
Superdrug AS
Boots ASB

Wow, only picked up a trace of menthol (both smell and feel) during the shave but boy with a cold water splash do you know about it. For me, the Ingrams punches above its weight.
Damn fine shave with a couple of weepers due to my clumsy hand.

Trying out new cream and aftershave spray after a nice trade with zigzag and a kind pif of coral from andyjreid, thanks guys!

1963 Superspeed
Iridium
EJ best badger
Coral skin food pre-shave
Taylors Rose cream
Coral skin food post shave
American crew spray

Feels good, smells great, wife overpowered...got carried away with the American crew... ;)

Thursday evening.

Prep. Wash face with glycerine soap.
Razor. EJ D86/Personna 74.
Soap. Arko stick.
Brush. Simpson Colonel Super.
AS. Thayer's Witch Hazel, Creed GIT.

Going out on the town, early shave today.

Vulfix 404 Boar
Boots Soap
EJ DE89 with a Feather blade (Black packaging)
Boots Freshwood ASB
Givenchy Xeryus AS

1st time using a feather blade and what a shave, smooth, close and very little irritation.

Friday:
Razor: Edwin Jagger DE87
Blade: UK Wilkinson Sword
Brush: Semogue 1305
Soap: Palmolive Stick
Aftershave: Floid Blue

Friday

Futur
Gillette Super Thin*
Vulfix VS/3
Coates Sandalwood Cream**
D.R. Harris Pink a/s

*Thanks to the generoisity of a forum member, I have a couple of Super Thins to try. Not as sharp as a 7O'clock yellow, but about as sharp as a Swede but not as smooth. Very useable blade.

**I have had this pot of Coates for a while, and recent chat on here about Coates cream encouraged me to pull it out again.

Ian

Friday

Gillette Superspeed
Astra Platinum (4)
Kent BK8
Coates Sandalwood
Aqua Velva

So this Coates stuff... lathering up I thought whats all the fuss about... okay, it feels thick and slick, but so do a lot of creams.

It was after the shave I noticed a difference... a very smooth shave and my skin feels great. So good that I may have to take up that 6 for 5 offer...

Go for it Vic!

It's been a while since I posted here - so much to do!

Friday

Jagger Chatsworth with Gillette Super Thin (Thanks HM)
shavemac 177 silvertip - lovely brush
Yardleys Soap 1960's still delivers.
Tabac A/S balm

As my 'pre shave' these days I have a final wash with MWF soap and don't rinse it off too thoroughly - leaves skin nice and soft before lathering. Probably makes not the slightest difference but it feels good.

Friday:
Hot Towel
EJ DE89
Wilkinson Blade(Blue pack courtesy Nik)
MWF Soap
Vulfix 404
Alum Block
EJ Sandalwood ASB (sample from trip to Spring fair) not bad and feels good on the face.
Great start to the day. :D
beejay

Friday

Vulfix 404 mix
Kells Original Soap - Casbah Mint
Gillette No58
Gillette Goal D1
Alum
Dickensons witchazel with aloe
Ems Bay Rum ASB
Tabac

Great shave. Kells produces a really good slick lather & thats with water so ard you have to chew it before you swallow. ;)

Fancied a try of the superspeed again today. When ive usded ot before i wasnt too keen, abit too mild and light were my thoughts.

Superspeed
Feather
Wilkinson Sword brush
Crabtree and evelyn sienna soap

Alum
ISIS ASB

A smooth shave, but wasnt too sure if i liked the superspeed or not. First time with a feather. Bit of irritation, but it is a nice shave.
Gonna have a few more shaves with it, if im still not keen i might sell/trade it for either a gillette tech travel razor or the Merkur one. Not sure how much its worth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom