joe mcclaine

Saturday

• Feather AC DX
  • Professional Blade - 8th shave
  • Simpson Duke 2 (Pure)
  • Ingram Cream
  • Taylor's Lime Aftershave
  • Blenheim Bouquet EDT[/list:u]

I've been switching between the RG and the DX versions of the Feather AC with no issues. The DX is certainly a little heavier and very slightly bigger but they both shave me equally well.

Now, I'm off to town before Nottingham City centre errupts in violence - we have the English Defence League marching and Unite Against Fascism counter-marching as well as fans from Leicester City visiting Nottingham Forest so the police will be very, very busy today.

Not a good day to be Yule shopping.

Saturday

Schick Injector Adjustable
Personna Injector Blade
Vulfix Piccadilly
Kent Soap (MWF)
Clinique Post Shave Soother
Trumper Spanish Leather Cologne

Ian

joe mcclaine said:
We have the English Defence League marching and Unite Against Fascism counter-marching

We had a similar type of march in Glasgow a few weeks ago Scottish Defence League and Scotland United and it has ended up in "outing" members of the SDL who have now supposedly fled the country.

Anyways back on topic.

Saturday

Merkur HD 34C
Personna Red (1)
Proraso Pre/Post
No Name Badger Brush
Tabac Soap
Alum
TOBS Mr Taylor Balm

Threw in the Proraso pre/post as a little change but apart from the nice smell and the huge cooling sensation I felt it made no positive impact to the shave. My skin came out a bit more dry than usual and "cooling" pre shave/shave creams have never sat well with me. Might sound silly but in my experience cooling (i.e. numbing sensation) can lead to an inferior and more bloody shave. I like to be able to feel what Im doing. Does that make sense?

Saturday

Best badger brush by Neo
Flare tip Rocket
brand new Bleue Extra

Real Shaving Co. double concentrated cream (moisturising version)
Alum

I think the double concentrated bit must be true as I wound up with way too much lather. Anyway, it's pretty good stuff for £1. The blade was courtesy of Blyth Spirit - cheers! :D - and I'm suitably impressed.

Taylors Eton college cream
merkur 33c
merkur blade (came with razor )
wilkinson sword cheapo brush

only my second D/E shave,managed to get a good lather for the first time I have not been working it long enough to compensate for the very hard water here,anyway one pass wtg and one etw I managed to get alot better results than my first effort,well chuffed !! only trouble now is can't stop feeling my face so will get some funny looks later down the local :lol:

Sunday
  • Gillette Black-handled Superspeed (1970)
  • Red Personna - must be its 12th shave
  • Simspon Duke 2 (Pure)
  • Czech & Speake #88 Soap
  • D R Harris Pink
  • Aramis 900 EDC[/list:u]

Indulgence day

Dirty Bird 1.5 scuttle kept the lather nice and warm.

Straight razor, Jagger DE/red personna
shavemac 177 silvertip - soft and luxurious
Truefitt and Hill Rose cream (used regularly by their Managing Director, so he was telling me the other day - got put through to him when I enquired about their best sellers) I rather overdid the blob - enough lather to have invited the rest of you round to finish off!
DR Harris milk roses and cucumber.

Time for a couple of nice slow passes with the straight before EJ tidy up. Then out for morning coffee in Lymington. Great start to the day.

Weyersberg brothers 7/8 square point.
TOBS Pure badger turnback travel brush.
P160
Coral skin food.

WOW! The first time ever I've been content with a single pass shave :eek:

Tomorrow will most likely be a pink foam bloodfest.

Sunday

Schick Injector Adjustable
Personna Injector Blade
Vulfix VS3 (boar)
Tabac Soap
Clinique Post Shave Soother
Penhaligon's Douro

Picked up the Vulfix from John Lewis yesterday for £6.50. Bigger than the Piccadilly, and works well even before broken in. I also tried some Floris No89, and although I resisted, I may eventually have to buy some.

Ian

Sunday PM
  • Feather AC DX
  • Professional Blade - 9th shave and still going strong!
  • Simpson Duke 2 (Pure)
  • Provence Sante Green Tea soap*[/list:u]

*The main reason for the shave. My neighbour (and Postman) bought a parcel round tonight and it contained - among other things - a cake of Provence Sante Green Tea Shaving Soap which was an exclusive group-buy on Badger and Blade.

I wasn't in on the group-buy but was sent this soap as a freebie, and as a freebie it is great. Very thick lather on this first try, lots of it and a nice subtle scent. I will be using this all this week (famous last words, I know!) to give it a proper run.

About the Feather blade; it has now given me 9 one-pass shaves and shows no sign of losing its edge. At this rate, at 10+ shaves per blade my stash of Feather AC blades will last me a good 10 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom